Chapter 1

A/N: picture made by @deviation-. and no, these pictures are not of the characters. they are fan made covers that i am proud to show. thank you.

also, in accordance to wattpad's new age of consent guidelines, i have adjusted Madelyn's age. she is now 18. if you see anywhere in this story that she still says she's 17, please let me know. (updated april 2024)

there will probably be some plot issues, but this story is so old that even without the age adjustment, there would have been issues anyways.

______________________________

The lights were gold. The disco ball in the center of the room was gold, the colors projecting out of it reflecting over the mass of students tangled within each other, sweat glimmering off their foreheads.

The tablecloths were gold. Every girl that attended this party had worn a gold dress, with gold eyeshadow. Sprinkles of gold were dusted across our chests, on our bare arms, our legs. Gold confetti littered the hardwood floors.

Everything was gold. Except for the punch in the glass bowls.

The punch was a bright red. The red that my lipstick was, which I had applied so carefully for him to see.

The red that had stained the color of his lips. He licked them slowly, seductively, without understanding that his daughter's friend was lusting over him.

It was Teresa Rossi's birthday party. Teresa's chestnut colored hair had been twisted into an elegant bun. She wore a dress that showed off her bare shoulders, a gold necklace gently pressed against her glowing caramel skin.

Her eyelids were covered in gold eyeshadow, more than the rest of us, and her bright green eyes excitedly gazed back at me, a smile to show off her perfectly squared teeth aimed in my direction.

She waved cheerfully at me. The ghost of a smile dusted my lips, and slowly I waved back. Some of the girls wobbled over to me, their gold heels thrown to the side of the room, their perfectly trimmed toenails glimmering with gold nail polish.

After the girls had encircled me, Teresa walked over and everyone made space for her.

"You made it!" Teresa squealed, wrapping her arms around my body, an aura of positive energy radiating off of her.

I gently smiled back at her. "Figured I'd stop by."

I wasn't best friends with Teresa. However, she was well-known. She was gorgeous and confident, which had immediately gained her popularity in Woodland High. Keeping up a reputation meant attending everything you were invited to, so here I was.

Usually I would have started dancing with the other girls by now. The guys would have thrown themselves at me, asking to dance with me, offering me punch.

I couldn't focus on supporting my high school reputation right now. All I could focus on was the man I spotted across the room, who I knew was Teresa's father.

I have a little secret. Everyone has one anyways, right? It's perfectly natural. So here was mine; I lust over men, I've had sex with men, and not a single soul knows about it.

And now, looking at him across the room, I knew what I wanted. I wanted him. I wanted him in the dirtiest, filthiest way.

"Teresa darling, why don't you introduce me to your parents?" I asked her sweetly, swiveling my eyes between her and the back of the room where her father stood.

"Of course! The father-daughter dance is in a few minutes and then we're having cake!" Teresa spoke as we walked over to him, my mind completely and utterly unfocused on the chatty girl.

My blond curls bounced on my bare shoulders as I walked, my smirk beginning to uncover itself from my red lips.

"Daddy," Teresa said, gaining his attention. He turned to look at his daughter. "This is my best friend, Madelyn."

"Madelyn Waters," I said confidently, holding out my manicured hand, my heart thumping with anticipation.

"Enzo Rossi. What a pleasure it is to meet you, Ms. Waters. My daughter has spoken very fondly of you," he said, his deep, chocolate eyes trained on me. He fit his hand in mine, his grip tight and firm. We shook, and he smiled with those luscious, punch-stained lips and those pearly white teeth. Jesus.

"Is that so?" I asked, our gazes fixated on each other. I was fazed by him and his awfully captivating looks, but from what I could tell, he didn't seem to be at all fazed.

Not that he should, anyways. We just met. He's too formal to look at me like the perverts do, but a filthy part of me wanted nothing more but for him to give me that kind of attention.

"Indeed it is. This is my wife, Angelica Rossi," he said, tugging his wife on the arm.

She turned away from the individual she was talking to and glanced up at me, my black pumps clearly causing me to at least be a few inches taller than her.

While I wore a skin-tight gold, sequenced dress that showed off my shoulders, along with gold earrings and a gold necklace, the woman who was apparently his wife had on a simple white blouse with a pencil skirt and flats.

I plastered on a fake smile, immediately sensing that she didn't like me. Not that I liked her, either. I held out my hand and she took it.

"A pleasure," I said cheerfully, smiling wide for her. We awkwardly shook hands. Seeing that the sexy man I had laid eyes on was fûcking married, it was going to be quite a bit more challenging to get with him.

Maybe I liked the thrill a little bit. I've never had to catch a man before, they'd always been handed to me with one look. This could be fun.

"Well," I said dismissively, "Teresa and I are going to dance a little before the father-daughter dance takes place."

Without waiting for a reply, I grabbed Teresa's hand and practically dragged her away from her parents and to the dance floor.

"I like you," I said to her. "For real. Let's be best friends."

Teresa turned to me, the thump of the music pounding against the floor. "Really?"

I grabbed her hand and we shimmied into the middle of the floor. The pace of the music quickened and the lights began to dim.

Teresa and I shook our bodies like we knew we could, eyes getting drawn in our direction. The glimmering of the lights flashed everywhere, cheers and hoots filling the noise.

Amidst the crowd of students, ignoring the hand from a sweaty guy that had so arrogantly placed on my butt, I did in fact, notice Mr. Rossi looking at me now.

It wasn't the regularly friendly look a father usually gives their daughters' friend. It was curiosity and a tiny, tiny glimmer of lust that I've seen so many times to recognize.

No man could shake off that emotion, no matter how hard they tried. Teasing his eyes, I slowly lowered the neckline of my dress, revealing a bit of skin for him.

I continued to dance, feeling his eyes on me like I knew they were, reveling in the fact that they were on me and not his wife.