Epilogue Part 2

The next hour went swimmingly.

Cake was eaten, songs were sung and surprisingly, Aron and Katrine kept up with the English pretty well.

Even when it was time for presents Lukas and Mathias were relieved to find that the guests had brought separate gifts for each child and had matched them up pretty well.

What was more strange was Aron and Katrine were more infatuated with each other's gifts then their own.

Nail polish was painted, Lego castles were built, every one had a great time.

Until shit hit the fan.

No one had noticed that for nearly half the party Emil was frantically texting someone, getting more and more nervous as the time went on.

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Lukas and Emil shouted at the same time.

Lukas raised a curious eyebrow.

"I ordered pizza."

Emil fought for an excuse.

"I texted Leon's sister to bring me something from the house. It's probably her."

Leon appeared behind him.

"What did you forget?"

"N-nothing important."

"Then why did you-"

"Let's just go together," Lukas interrupted. "That way whoever it is we don't have to run through the house again to go get the other."

"No!" Emil yelped a little too quickly attracting the attention of almost the entire room.

"I-I'll just take the money and if it the pizza guy I'll pay him. We don't both have to walk the whole house."

Lukas marked him with a suspicious glare but relented and handed over the money.

Emil made a quick exit.

"What was that all about?" Mathias questioned.

"I don't know," Liam answered staring after his husband. "What I do know is he's been acting weird since he got a phone call earlier."

"Weird," Lukas huffed suddenly worried about his brother's wellbeing.

The group tried to act like nothing had happened but no one was spared from Lukas' frantic nitpicking. Everyone kept glancing towards the front door.

Aron and Katrine were thankfully oblivious.

The tension was broken when Emil called for Lukas from the entrance way.

Mathias started moving with him towards the sound but Lukas wordlessly gestured to him to stay with the kids.

Rounding the corner, he stumbled to a stop when he was met with two eerily familiar glares.

"Two years. Two years and not one phone call or text or any kind of notification that you were okay," his mother growled.

Lukas inhaled trying to hold in his anger.

"You knew I was okay or at least you could have checked that the freaking business section of the newspaper. My company seems to be doing pretty well," he practically snarled.

They ignored his comment.

"So I'm assuming you are still with that Matthew boy."

"Mathias," he corrected. "And yes we are still together. We are soulmates aren't we?"