Totally Not Filler Content

"But you're the ones who called me!"

The exasperated whine echoed loudly enough that even at the end of the driveway, Mathias could hear his partner's trouble.

"I don't care, this is our business and you should but out of it!" the Ukrainian huffed unsuccessfully crossing her arms over her large chest.

"This is none of your concern," the thinner of the two hummed angrily, fixing the man with a cold glare.

Alfred turned and gave the other policeman a pleading look.

Mathias simply shrugged his shoulders and put his hands up in surrender, he was only here to prevent a physical fight. After the last time, it would take a lot of reasoning to get him even close to the 'psycho sisters', as they had been dubbed by none other than Alfred. 

Alfred opened his mouth to yell at his partner but startled as a large hand squeezed his shoulder from behind. 

"Do not worry I will hopefully prevent any more calls to your station. My sisters do get a little high strung when they are intoxicated. They should hopefully cause you no more harm."

The words were chuckled and matched with a warm smile as Ivan attempted to assure the annoyed police officer.

Alfred shied away from the touch and grumpily pulled his jacket in further.

Glancing back at the two arguing sisters, he sighed and locked eyes with the man in front of him.

"This is the second time this week, Ivan. If one of you issue a complaint about me not mediating again, I'm going to be in a lot of trouble. Please, please, if you really need my help don't get mad at me for 'interfering'. 

He made air quotes around the last word.

Ivan tried to speak again but the American officer was having none of it.

"Next time I get called in, I'm making a few arrests for disturbing the peace", he snapped trying to force himself to the giant man's eye level.

The Russian's eyes darkened and he leaned in nearly touching noses with Alfred.

"That will not be necessary officer. Have a nice evening."

Alfred opened his mouth to make another comment, but was roughly pulled back by Mathias.

"We just got a call from Beilsmidt, Gil wants us to go check out a car wreck at Cheuanne and 9th."

The officer pulled his partner's hand off his shoulder.

He began to follow Mathias to the car but stopped and turned around.

"Remember what I said Braginski."

Ivan let slip a sly smile.

"Of course, Officer Jones."

Finally settling into the car, Alfred made a show of sighing and slumping further into his seat. An act that Mathias chose to ignore.

After a few minutes of starring at the road, he noticed they were on 32nd street, way further away from 9th then they were at the house.

"Isn't 9th back that way?", Alfred questioned raising an eyebrow at his apparently illiterate partner.

Mathias rolled his eyes and checked his rearview mirror. 

"I said that to pull you out of a fight. You get so riled up when talking to Ivan. Kiku would have killed me if you came home with a black eye. The little dude scares me."