Eight

I'd like to apologize in advance for not updating in FOREVER, and my Spongebob reference. 

-Amber <3

      "Like this?" Kimberly touches her hair. It's in an unbelievably high bun, one that Amber had spent half an hour doing in front of the bathroom mirror.  

  "Yeah. My sister showed me how to do it once." Amber then remembers. "Speaking of my sister... She'll be coming here 'round Wednesday."  

  "Rebecca?" Kimberly had never met Amber's older sister, but had heard a lot about her.    

"Yeah. Her and her fiancé, Will, might be having their wedding here in the Spring." Amber snarls when she says Will's name.  

  Kim chuckles. "I take it you don't like this 'Will'."  

  "Not in the least." Amber looks at her own hair. "Should I put curlers in? So it can be curly tomorrow?"  

  "Yeah. You look pretty with curls." Kimberly gets up off her stool and walks out of the bathroom.     The phone trills right when she walks past it. "Could you get that, please?" Amber had her head tilted to the side, rolling it into the curler.    

"Hello?" Kimberly puts the phone to her ear. 

    "Who's this?"  

  "Kimberly. Amber's best friend." 

    "Oh, hi! This is Rebecca, her sister."

Kimberly had guessed that. Although her voice isn't quite as annoying as Amber had described it.      "Hello. So, what are you calling for?" It seemed rude, but Kimberly really wasn't a fan of small talk.

   "Just to tell Amber that Will and I will be arriving at her house tomorrow at noon."

 "Okay, I'll make sure to tell her." Kimberly looks at Amber, who pouts.    

"Thanks, bye."    

"Yeah, bye." Kimberly hangs up.    

"She's coming tomorrow? Ugh." Amber groans, putting in another curler.    

"I actually want to meet Rebecca. She seems nice." Kimberly goes to Amber's other side and puts curlers in there.     

"I guess she's kind of nice. At least she used to be. Before Will came along." Amber sighs. "So, Kimmy, what do you want to do when we're done here?"    

She yawns. "I don't know, but I don't want to stay up too long. I'm tired."     "Why don't we..." Amber thinks. "Hmm... We could..."    

"You don't know either, do you?" Amber shakes her curler-covered head and Kimberly laughs.     "But I'm not the least bit tired." Amber walks out of the bathroom and into the living room. She sits at the piano stool and turns back to Kimberly. "Do I still have that heart on my cheek?"

    "Yeah. What's that about, anyway?"

    Amber grins at the memory from earlier that day. "Long story short, we were painting my door, and he painted on my face. Then we almost kissed, but I scared him away, then I went to their house to apologize. And now me and George Harrison are starting out a relationship, slowly."     

Kim smiles. "Amber and George Harrison. George and Amber Harrison. Oh, it sounds so cute!" She pokes Amber's nose, teasing her.    

"Stop it! Or else I'm going to go around chanting 'Kimberly Lennon!' Everywhere." Amber threatens.    

"We both know that's never going to happen. Ever." Kimberly says flatly. 

    "It won't if you don't believe." Amber makes a rainbow motion with her hands, causing them both to laugh really hard.

    "I don't know about you, but I'm going to bed." Kimberly stands, still laughing.    

"I'll go, too. You want to stay in the guest room, or my room?" Amber gets up off the piano stool and starts following Kim up the stairs.     

"Your room. As long as you promise not to tease about John, or gush about George, or any of those boys."    

"I promise." Amber holds up her hands. She walks to her closet and pulls out a sleeping bag for Kimberly, and herself. They made a deal when they were fifteen that if Kim slept on the floor, so did Amber.    

"Goodnight, Kimmy." Amber mumbles, her face already buried in they pillow.    

"Goodnight, my purple-haired oddball of a best friend. Sleep tight, and don't let the Beatles bite."    

Amber giggles, then whispers, "Cause I know George might."    

Kimberly rolls into her sleeping bag, laughing.     

Amber looks at her. "I didn't think it was quite that funny."    

"No, it's just-" She pauses to laugh again. "How would you know?"    

Amber blushes. "Goodnight, Kimberly."    

***************  

"Amber. Amber, get up. Your sister will be here in an hour." Kimberly shook Amber, trying to wake her up, but it was no use. Then she got an idea. "Amber, George called!"

Amber sits up straight in her sleeping bag. "George? Really?"

 "No." Amber groans. "But you've got to get up. Rebecca is going to be here really soon."    

Amber reluctantly gets up to get dressed. She wears a casual purple dress, and her hair is perfectly curly. Kimberly wears jeans and a black shirt, which actually look great on her.    

It's not long after they finish breakfast that they hear a car honk from the from of the house.    

"Must be Rebecca." Amber puts on a fake smile and opens the door. "Rebecca!" She hugs her tall, brunette sister. They kind of look alike, you can see it in the cheekbones and facial structure. And they both have that perfectly straight posture.    

"And you must be Kimberly." Rebecca hugs Kimberly. The big differences between them are how Amber's a bit taller, and they're eyes. Rebecca's are a grayish blue, and Amber's are a kaleidoscope of green, blue, and amber.    

"It's nice to meet you." Kimberly says. She sees Amber saying hello to a man a little bit shorter than Amber. He must be Will.    

"You too! And this is my fiancé, Will." Rebecca introduces them.    

"I'm Will." He smiles.  

  "And I'm Kimberly." Kimberly smiles back.    

Will seems like a nice guy, she thinks to herself.