03.

CHAPTER 03.

Zayn can’t believe Louis, he’s being selfish. It was one time, okay, twice. It isn’t like Zayn is forgetting on purpose, it just slips his mind because he has something else going on. Louis is meant to be his best friend, why can’t he just be excited for Zayn? He hadn’t even listened to Zayn’s plans or encouraged him at all. Is a little bit of support too much to ask for? Deep down, Zayn knows he is being unreasonable, and he did promise to help Louis bring up his marks, because he knows how important passing is to him, but he isn’t thinking that way now. He is thinking of it his way, because yes, school is important to Louis, but Liam is important to him. So what if Zayn has only known him a few days? Don’t people always say ‘when you know, you know’? Well, Zayn knows; and he can’t let Liam slip between his fingers, he just can’t.

Zayn spends the rest of the day making phone calls; first to his parents to ask for a cash favour, because he knows they can spare a couple of hundred out of their thousands for their precious little boy. Once he weasels all he needs from his parents and swears to both them and himself he’ll pay them back, he begins making his plans. Once again, Zayn is giddy; all annoyance at Louis from earlier in the day vanishes because he is too preoccupied with what he is doing to worry about his friend now.

After he gets himself all worked up and nervous about his plans, Zayn really doesn’t want to wait, but considering how it is late in the afternoon, he decides to leave it until tomorrow to actually go through with it; but that doesn’t mean he can’t ask Liam to hang out with him now.

Zayn (5:47PM):
Hey, do you have any plans for tomorrow? (:

Zayn waits impatiently to get a reply, checking his phone every five seconds. He knows he shouldn’t expect Liam to reply in a heartbeat, but that doesn’t stop him from wanting him to. After what seems like hours but in reality is only a little over ten minutes, his phone buzzes in his hand.

Liam (5:59PM):
Not that I know of, why?

Zayn bites down on his lip, his heart kicks up a notch, he’s halfway there already!

Zayn (6:01PM):
I thought it might be fun to hang out? (:

Zayn’s heart continues to beat a little too fast and his palms become slightly sweaty. He’s nervous that Liam will say he doesn’t want to. Even after the fun they had yesterday morning.

Liam (6:15PM):
Yeah, maybe... Josh isn’t here right now, I just gotta check if he planned anything.

Zayn (6:16):
Okay, sure, just let me know.

Zayn tries not to feel discouraged by Liam’s response; after all he didn’t say no, it’s only fair he’d run it by Josh, after all he’s a guest and he is here for Josh, not Zayn. As much as Zayn wishes that was not the case.

~

“Louis,” Josh tries to sound stern even though he’s exhausted, “I’m thrilled you’re reading, but would you turn of the damn laptop and go to bed! It’s midnight, and that thing is lighting up the whole room! Plus, it’s really bad for your eyes.”