02.

CHAPTER 02.

 “Lou, you’re being ridiculous!”

“I’m being ridiculous?” Louis is appalled. “You know I have an 8AM class every Tuesday morning, so you’d think you’d be more thoughtful than walking in at 3AM and letting the door slam shut!”

 Josh scoffs. “You act like I have control over gravity!”

 “No,” Louis retorts. “But you can easily catch the door before it slams!”

“Well, sor-ry!

There’s a knock at the door and Liam takes the opportunity to get up from the spare bed and see who’s there. He partially feels guilty that Josh is getting all the heat when it was his fault that they stayed out so late, but he has yet to find a time to interrupt and apologize himself. Liam opens the door and sees Zayn standing there with a shocked expression.

“Um . . .” Zayn coughs. He blinks a few times just to make sure that Liam really is standing in front of him. “Is uh, Louis here?”

Liam nods. “Couldn’t you hear the screaming?”

“The scre--” He cuts himself off. “Ah, right.” Zayn comes in the room and Josh and Louis are still at each other’s throats.

“Oh, watch that door, Zayn. You don’t want it to slam or Louis here will flip his shit,” Josh says when he sees Zayn.

“Oh please! Like you wouldn’t be pissed if I woke you up at some stupid hour in the night when you had to wake up early!” Louis huffs.

Josh rolls his eyes. “Right, ‘cause you need your beauty sleep. No wonder, after all you look like you’ve been dragged through mud on a rainy day.”

Louis gasps before he straight-up glares at his roommate. “Take that back!”

Zayn moves a step closer to Liam. “Don’t worry about them, they’re always like this.”

“Are you sure?” Liam asks. “They’ve been yelling since Louis got back from class and it hasn’t been pretty.”

“I’m sure.” He gives Liam a reassuring smile.

“I was out with Liam, so it’s not like I was the only one who came in at 3AM,” Josh points out.

“Yes, you and your guest, that you never told me about by the way, came in and started causing a ruckus,” Louis shoots back.

Liam moves behind Zayn. “Shit, Louis hates me, doesn’t he?” he keeps his voice quiet so Louis doesn't hear and turn his glare on him.

Zayn bites his lip, he is finding Liam's behaviour rather cute. “No,” he shakes his head. “At least, I don’t think.”

“Great.” Liam hides his face in his hands.

“Give me your phone,” Zayn says with a small smile as he comes up with what he thinks is the perfect idea. Liam drops his hands from his face and reaches into his pocket and hands it to him. Zayn punches in his number and gives it back. “This happens often, so I’m sure you’ll want to get out to an escape when it goes on.”

He nods. “Thanks.”

“Okay.” Before Zayn's nerves can take over he claps his hands and turns his attention to the bickering roommates. “That is enough of that. Louis, are you ready to study?”

“Are you fucking serious?”

“Oh yes, I am,” Zayn grins. “Grab that book of yours and lets get to work.”