The Diary of the Devil [8]

Hey, guys! I want a lot of votes and comments. I appreciate all the regulars, but I would also like some opinions from other people. I KNOW YOU IGNORE THIS. READ!!!!! Please vote and comment. Thank you!

 P.S. My mom bought chocolate bananas only because they looked like a black man's penis and because it was buy one get one free. I ate the chocolate off and threw the banana away. NEVER BUY CHOCOLATE BANANAS. THEY BRING OUT AWKWARD CONVERSATION.

O_^.^_O_^.^_O_^.^_O

The dinner was normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, which I was grateful for. Max was actually kind of not mean to me. She laughed at my jokes when no one else did, she covered up for any stutters, and she even told my parents how great I was at photography. Everyone seemed to be impressed.

Then the salad was finished and it was time for the main course. Mom stood up to get it, but I stopped her, and told her I'd be happy to serve everyone. Yeah, right. I just wanted to get the heck out of there for a few minutes.

In the kitchen, I leaned over the sink and breathed in and out. I was being battered with questions, Alexis Vanderball kept leering at me, Max wasn't being herself, and my jeans were way too tight. I loosened my belt and suddenly it was easier to breath.

A few seconds later Max joined me, carrying dirty salad plates. I took them from her and put them in the sink to wash later. I began preparing the main dish. Max helped me... which was really weird.

"Max..." I started after a few minutes of silence.

"Hmm?"

"Is everything okay with you? You don't really seem to be yourself tonight." I risked a glance at her. She was smiling, but it seemed forced.

"Everything is fine," she answered through tight lips.

"Are you sure? You're being nice-"

She pinned me to the refrigerator by my shoulders. And the devil is back.

"Listen, punk," she hissed. I turned my head away from hers, avoiding her glare. I shrunk back into my too-tight jeans. "I'm only being nice so you'll follow up on that deal. I've said good things about you, now it's your turn." She released me.

"I don't know if I can just-" She swirled back around and pointed at me menacingly. I threw my hands up in surrender and squeezed my eyes shut. "Okay! Okay! I'll say it just don't hurt me."

She snorted, shaking her head. "Wimp." She paused at the door and looked back at me. "When I give you the signal, start talking."

"What's the signal?" I asked. She just smirked and strutted back into the dining room. Moments later I heard her say, "Greyson will be out in a minute."

Everyone loved the food my mom prepared. There wasn't going to be any leftovers. I noticed Marko, the older of the gay brothers, staring at me. He sat straight across from me. I smiled tentatively at him.

"Hi," I said. He continued to stare and not say anything. "You're Marko, right?" I tried again to bring out conversation. He nodded a little. I sort of just looked to my left, feeling really awkward.

I was about to excuse myself from the table to 'use the bathroom' when he yelled out, "I'm sorry, I just have to ask!" I jumped back a little from the shrill sound of his voice. Everyone stopped what they were doing; eating, chatting, laughing, and looked at the crazy kid who jumped out of his seat and was poised like a girl.

"Y-yes?" My eyes were wide. I thought he was one of those manly, creepy gays that are never seen on television but always read about in books. It was so unexpected I almost peed.