The Diary of the Devil [7]

Hey, guys. Don't really have anything to say. So, comment, vote, and fan. :)

O_^.^_O_^.^_O_^.^_O

"Thank you, have a nice day," I said to the old lady when she got her shudder-worthy prune shake.

She beamed at me. "What a nice young man." She hobbled off, and I took the next customer. 

Jimmy Gandrond danced in with his headphones blaring some rock music. My face turned red as everyone in line laughed at his horrible dance moves. His long black hair swung around and he sung badly along with the song.

"Jimmy," I sighed, rubbing my temples. Jimmy was one of my coworkers, along with Stan Linkon. They were both really... odd. I didn't even know how to describe them. Jimmy was a horny perv and Stan was a Star Wars freak. Stan had tomato red hair, braces, and inflamed acne. Jimmy's hair looked greasy and fell to the middle of his back. He was skinny and gangly, just like Stan. I was usually the only one to pick up the work.

Jimmy kept on dancing. "Jimmy!" I shouted.

He paused mid-step and looked up. "Oh, hey, man!" He yanked the headphones out of his head and set them on the counter. "What's up?"

I stared at him incredulously. "What's up? What's up? I'll tell you what's up. It's gonna be my foot up your ass if you don't get to work!"

"Whoa," he said, putting his hands up and backing away from me. "A'ight, a'ight. I'll get to work. No need to get mad."

I rolled my eyes at him, then turned to the next customer in line with a fake smile on my face. "How can I help-"

"Move, move, move," a snotty voice ordered from the back of the line. All heads turned in the direction of the girl pushing the people to get to the front. 

"Hey, watch where you put your hands!" someone called.

"No fair! We were here first," said someone else.

Max turned to face them. "Do you want a mouthful of my fist? Or maybe an assful of my foot?"

I grabbed her shoulder agitatedly. "Max, shut up. What do you want?"

She grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked me across the counter, my face inches from hers. 

"I have a proposition for you," she said maliciously. "If you make tonight perfect and tell my parents I'm doing great in school, I'll follow your dumb requirement sheet. How does that sound?"

I gingerly removed her hands from my shirt and looked down at the wrinkles she caused. "Aw, now I have to iron this."

She slammed a hand down on the black formica and narrowed her eyes at me. "I don't have time for this-"

"Excuse me!" I looked to the person standing behind Max. He had his wallet out and an impatient look on his face. "I have been waiting to get a smoothie! Can you please move?"

I bit my tongue to keep from yelling at him. I forced a polite smile on my face. "I am so sorry, sir. My co-worker," I pointed to Jimmy, who waved, "will take your orders. I have some important business to attend to. I'll be back in a minute."

I grabbed Max's wrist and pulled her into the storage fridge. Jimmy took my place at the cash register.

I closed the door behind me and took a deep, calming breath. When I let it out, it was visible. I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself.

"So?" Max demanded impatiently, stuffing her hands on her hips. She didn't seem to be affected by the freezing temperature. I forgot she was cold-blooded.