005

Anna looked at her bloodshot eyes in the mirror. She looked awful. She couldn't get a wink of sleep for fear of dreaming about 'him'. Reality hit her hard when she remembered that the man she was so attracted to was actually indeed her stepfather.

She wanted nothing more than to leave. She missed her home, her friends... Troy and Alex. Troy and Alex! She remembered she was supposed to call them!

She was too preoccupied with 'him' that she completely forgot. She ran towards the hallway, where the phone was. What an inconvenience it was that the phone in her room had yet to be connected.

She rapidly dialed their number and anxiously anticipated screams on the other end. And sure enough she got them. "Anastasia Analiese Philips!" Troy shouted. "YOU, YOUNG LADY WERE SUPPOSED TO CALL US!"

"I know.." Anna said failing miserably to calm him down. "No! You didn't know!" Alex's sudden interruption shocked Anna. She was expecting a scolding from Troy and counting on that Alex would still be asleep. It should still be noon in New York.

"Alex!... look it was beca...." "No!" Alex blurted out, cutting her off once again. "Do you know how worried we were?! I didn't get any sleep because of you. And I have to cancel a date now cuz I look like f*cking Shawn of the Dead!"

Anna's patience was growing thin. Sure she forgot to call. But Troy and especially Alex were over exaggerating. "SHUT UP!" she finally snapped. And to her satisfaction, they did.

Nicolas was heading towards Anastasia's room to wake her up. He wanted to run as fast as he can to her, but naturally he wouldn't or couldn't. When he was at the corner, he heard her voice screaming with irritation. "SHUT UP!" she screamed at the phone.

He looked at her from head to toe. She was wearing a revealing black silk nightie. It exposed her long smooth legs and just enough cleavage to entice him. He gazed at her lovely face and her aggravated expression piqued his interest.

So before he noticed it, he was already in on the move in an attempt to eavesdrop. He ran to another hallway and picked up a phone and pressed a few buttons. Sure enough, it connected to the phone she was using. He was curious to who, she was having such a heated discussion with and he couldn't very well disturb her.

Much to his dismay, he heard two masculine voices on the phone. What was she doing talking to two men. "Look, I'm sorry." Anna's soft voice whispered. The two men on the other end sighed in harmony. "Look, sweet heart..."

Sweetheart?! How dare they call her such an intimate term! "We were really worried because we care about you and we'll die if... if something happened to you." Nicolas heard Anna's intake of breathe and could almost imagine her smiling at the phone. "S-sir?" Nicolas heard the questioning voice of a maid.

He hissed at her, "Leave!" and she hurriedly ran away. He went back to the phone and Anna all too sweetly whispered, "I love you guys." Nicolas decided he had heard enough when she protested her love to two men. He slammed the phone down and stalked to the dining area.

Please comment or vote!

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

BTW: If you liked this check out 'Simple' by yours truly.