006

It had been a few days since her 'incident' with Troy and Alex. They had made sure that they talked at least once a day. If she didn't call, they would.

So now here she was at the grand dining hall, playing with the oat cereal on her bowl. She glanced at Nicolas sitting at the end of the table. He was reading a newspaper. A stern expression on his handsome face.

Anna tried to ignore him. Fortunately though, her eyes doesn't seem to listen to her brain. They raked all over him. Admiring his deliciousness. He was wearing a crisp white collar shirt. The sleeves folded to his elbow. with black slacks on. His tie was silver and tucked in his shirt's pocket. He looked so very sexy yet classy as well.

He picked up his mug and drank his coffee. Anna swooned and wished she was the cup. Sadly, she was not. She was stuck with Nicolas... alone. Well there were servants and such, but the only thing stopping her from lunging at him, went away on a week long shopping spree to Nice, France.

Then Anna cringed as she thought of how Nicolas seems to have been avoiding her as of late. She knew it was for the best, but she couldn't help feeling a tinge of loneliness and longing for his attention. Okay it was more than a tinge more like a stab because at first he was attentive to her. Even though that actually only lasted for a day, she still felt hurt that he was as cold as ice to her.

Maybe he regretted taking her in? Is he mad that he has a seventeen year old stepdaughter when he himself is only thirty? He must be finding an excuse to send her back. Was she intruding in his and her mother's supposed 'honeymoon stage'.

Anna winced at the word 'honeymoon'. She couldn't imagine 'him' with her mother. All these theories popped up in Anna's little head trying to justify his cold attitude. She sighed deeply.

"Is there something wrong?" Nicolas earnestly tried to study Anna's face. He had been avoiding her because of the guilt that clenched his chest. He felt surging jealousy to whoever those bastards were but for the first time in his life, he felt shaken when he remembered... he was the stepfather not the lover.

So he had no rights to jealousy. He could not even look at her without loathing himself. "Nicolas?" Anna said locking her eyes with his. "Oui, ma chérie?" She inhaled deeply looking for some inner strength to support her.

"Do you not want me here?" She asked, feeling both relieved and fear a hi answer. He was genuinely astounded and.. and offended? by her question. "W-why or what would make you think so?" Nicolas was furious and confused. Not a good combination to have. Anna glared at him, "My mother is in Nice, Nicolas, you don't have to sugarcoat anything."

Nicolas was speechless. He hadn't considered that she would notice his recent behaviour. He felt... ecstatic that 'she' notices him. Yet guilty for hurting her. He stood up and smirked at her. "Follow me" he said.

Oh great he's kicking her out. Anna thought to herself.

She followed him until they stopped in front of a large painting. Nicolas pressed something and an odd machine came out scanning his eye and hand print. Anna was speechless. She had though that such things only ever existed in movies.

The huge panting of the Garden of Eden, opened and exposed a titanium elevator surrounded by white lights on the bottom. They stepped in and waited till it reached a halt. The doors slid open and Nicolas offered his hand to her. She accepted his help and he guided her inside. It was dim but she could somewhat see the outlines of the numerous cars. Is he gonna murder her here or something, she thought to herself.

Nicolas caught sight her worried expression and smirked to himself. She was just too adorable. "Don't worry I'm not going to murder you in cold heat." he reassured her.

She blushed proving his speculation right. Making him laugh softly at her silliness. "S-so what are we doing here?" She quickly looked at her fingers in an attempt to hide her flustered cheeks.

He held her chin and lifted her gaze to meet his. He smiled mischievously at her. He pressed a button on a remote. Anna wondered when he had gotten that. And light started going on one by one, showcasing quite a number of expensive cars. But her eyes quickly fell on a beautiful convertible on the center with a big red bow on its hood. Her eyes shot up, looking at him. "Do you like it?" He asked nervously. Nicolas had been dying to give it to her, but he wasn't sure if she would like it. He had meant it for a special occasion however he had make do with making this present as poor excuse of his recent behavior.

His gaze fell on the car. he was proud of himself for choosing that one. it perfectly suited her. He had considered numerous cars and only one really made him think 'Ah that would be excellent for Anna'.

Anna gaped at the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR. It was absolutely striking. The interior was bright cherry red and the exterior was a stunning glossy white. She continued gaping at it for a while.

Finally gaining back her senses, she then she turned to Nicolas with utter astonishment. "Are you serious? This is for me?" He smiled warmly at her. "Of course, it is. You see, I had been wanting to give this to you for quite time now and I was hesitant to. And I didn't want to accidentally say anything so I had been avoiding you. I hope you would forgive me, ma chérie."

She hugged him, her arms locked around his neck.

Nicolas' eyes widened with surprise from Anna's chosen gesture of endearment. He smiled to himself, relishing her touch, her body warm against his. However such pleasure was short lived as she trailed away from him.

Nicolas caught her elbow and guided her towards the expensive sports car. "Go one, get in." He encouraged, Anna hesitated, "I-I can't Nick, this is just too much." Nicolas frowned. "Of course you can!" he demanded. He half pushed her to get inside. Anna hugged him again, tighter this time. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Nicolas placed his arms around her waist, tightening the embrace. He inhaled her scent. Anna noticed that the embrace was lingering longer than it should have. She withdrew and gave him an awkward smile.

"Come on" Nicolas walked towards the car and Anna followed behind him. They both got in with Anna in the driver's seat. Anna was giddy. She was excited, she turned to Nicolas and he nodded "Take it out for a test drive." She grinned like an idiot and pressed the button making the engine roar to life.

Please comment or vote!

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

BTW: If you liked this check out 'Simple' by yours truly.