001

Even though she was in 'his' private jet, the flight was still tiring and she barely got any shut eye. But here she is at the airport lobby, waiting for her luggage for over an hour. Most of her stuff was already sent to her new "living accommodation" she swore she'll never call that man's house as her home so that mouthful of a term just had to make do.

But things that had deep meaning for her, like gifts from Andrew and her brothers, were just too important to be covered in bubble wrap and shipped off in a box. So she did the dumb thing and packed them with her. What an idiot she was for doing so.

"Mademoiselle Phillips?" The airport manager came up to her. "Yes?" She answered. The scrawny white haired man smiled at her nervously and with a thick french accent, he explained how most of her luggage was accidentally sent to Manila. This made her eyes widen and anger clearly visible on her face.

The manager looked like he was ready to be screamed at, but she breathed in and counted to ten. Andrew had always told her that no matter how high their position is, they should never belittle others as it is not their place to do so. And she was just about to that until a man tapped her shoulder.

She looked behind her "what!" She screamed. The man look dumbfounded. "Um... I'm Matthieu?" He said. "And what can I do for you Matthieu?" She asked sarcastically. "Well, I overheard your conversation and you're Anastasia, correct?" Anna nodded and quickly raked her eyes over Matthieu. He was fairly good-looking and well-built but not as built as Troy or Alex.

However he was easily six foot tall plus the platinum blonde hair and ice blue eyes made him look even more fitting for the cover of Rolling Stone. "Like what you see?" He eyed her suspiciously. "Maybe" she grinned at him. "So again, what can I do for you Matthieu?" She said but in a softer tone this time.

He half smiled at her while taking her hand carry from her, "I'm here to pick you up under orders from my uncle." Her smile quickly faded. Oh.. Matthieu is 'his' nephew Anna thought. She glared at him and snatched her bag from his hands then she quickly headed towards the doors. "Where's your car?" she grimaced.

Matthieu was quite surprised with her abrupt change of attitude but he just blamed it on jet lag. "Where are your luggage" he scanned her hands and all she had was her hand carry, "Apparently, they're in the Philippines" she glared at the manager making him cringed.

Matthieu quickly turned to the manger and scowled. "My uncle will hear of this!" He spat out, this made the poor old man cower. "S-Sir! P-P-Please, it was not my fault! I have children to support, I beg you!" "Do you think he will appreciate you not taking proper care of his stepdaughter's belongings?" Mathieu warned. "Stepdaughter?!"

The manger gawked at Anna, he went on his knees. Which inquired her pity. What type of man was her new stepfather to inquire such fear?She helped the old man up and glared at Matthieu. "That was unnecessary" she scolded him. "He lost your luggage." He said trying to justify himself. "Weren't you an hour and a half late picking me up?" She accused him. He turned away guiltily. "Don't tell him about my luggage and I won't say a thing concerning your tardiness.

Make an excuse why I don't have my luggage" she commanded at him. Matthieu gaped at her but quickly turned the gape into a grin, "We'll get along just well dear cousin."

The first thing Anna saw after stepping out of the limousine was infinite forest of trees and gardens, but in the middle stood the most elegant and stunning palace... It was very overpowering and seemed to pop out of a fairy tail book, but the driveway itself was quite impressive, it took ten minutes to get to the house from the enormous iron gates crowded by bodyguards.

She noticed that all of the staff were present and lined up, they all bowed at her when she climbed the steps. She turned her gaze at her mother. She was beautiful today as well no one would think she's 34 years old, Anna thought. With her blonde hair flowing nicely around her shoulders and her body draped in a beautiful beige knee-length chiffon dress, her mother could rival Aphrodite.

Then her eyes trailed off to the man beside her. He was... handsome. No beyond that. He was the personification of Eros himself. He was tall... very tall and even through his black casual suit, his well defined muscles were quite visible. Anna was unconsciously walking towards him. She stared at his deep blue eyes. He looked absolutely ravishing with his black hair styled back and meek stubbles on his jaw.

Her admiration of him was cut short by her mother's tight embrace. "Oh sweetheart! I've missed you so much!" Her mother held her shoulders and hastily looked over her daughter then hugged her again. "Mother, I'm choking" Anna mumbled. This caused 'him' to laugh and her mother to blush.

"So how was your flight? How is Troy? Did his team win that competition he was talking about? Oh! And Alex who's his new girlfriend, really that boy should seriously consider settling down.. " Anna put her finger over her mother's mouth, hugged her and whispered in her ear,"one question at a time, mother".

'He' coughed gaining his wife's attention and eyed her as if she was forgetting something. Evelin looked confusingly at 'him' and then she clapped her hands as if receiving an epiphany. "Oh! Sweetheart, this is my husband Nicolas Chevalier and Darling this is my daughter, Anastasia", Evelin draped her arm around his and smiled brightly at Anna.

Anna hesitantly shook his hand, "Anastasia" he said while smiling at her. His voice was delightful, deep and sensual making her melt to her knees. "Please call me Anna." She freed his hand, almost regretting it as soon as her hand felt empty of his heat. His hand was rough and big, it covered hers so easily "Likewise, call me Nick."

Please comment or vote!

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

BTW: If you liked this check out 'Simple' by yours truly.