Fireworks and Déjà Vu

Okay guys... erm it's Beth here - but of course you knew that :') I wrote you another chapter this morning - I woke up at three and couldn't sleep so hey ho... apologies if it sucks! I'm getting back into the swing of writing now so that's good :) British weather sucks, so I'm confined to my bedroom atm so hopefully I'll write some more soon! Enjoy and as always, vote/fan/comments are appreciated! - Beth :) xx ______________________________________________________________________

Elena POV:

            Waking up after a short nap, I massaged my neck – I’d slept on it funny and now I was paying the price. Damon looked over at me with a concerned expression and I managed a feeble smile in return.
            “Where are we?” I asked, noting that our surroundings were not the usual town of Mystic Falls. I felt a strange sense of déjà vu as I remembered Damon and mine’s little road trip ... well, he called it a road trip, I had called it kidnap! That had been fun, I grinned to myself, remembering how I’d been able to let go and enjoy myself. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts; I nearly missed Damon’s answer to my question.
            “We’re near Georgia,” Damon said, and I was surprised. We’d been travelling at human speed then – instead of Damon’s usually incredibly reckless driving. “Sweet dreams, Elena dearest?” Damon winked at me, and I blushed.

            I’d had a very interesting dream – and that was putting it lightly! My hand flew up to my neck and I breathed a sigh of relief as I realised that the item of jewellery was still intact on my neck.

            Hang on, I thought, if my necklace was still there – chock full of vervain so no vampire would be able to compel me – that meant that my dream had been all my doing.

            I clambered out of a car, in a clearing, and stood in front of a very impressive wooden chalet – stacks of wood piled by the side of the house, the fresh aroma of pine enveloping me as I walked towards the house.
            I turned and smiled at the dark haired man beside me, and he leant over and took my hand, interlacing his fingers with mine, and putting an even bigger grin on my face. Dropping my suitcase on the pebbled path at my feet, I turned to him and flung my arms around him, smothering him with affection.
            He returned the gesture with a long and passionate kiss that made my heart flutter– like a bird wanting to break free of its cage – and I felt myself go weak at my knees, but before I knew it, I was being swept off my feet, and held gently in the broad and muscled arms of my lover.
            Birds chirped in the trees overhead, and the sun peeked through the branched canopy over my head, spattering our faces with its light. The warmth was part due to the sun, and part due to the man who had me enveloped in his arms at that precise moment in time. We finally broke the kiss, out of my human need to breathe, and I inhaled sharply – crisp mountain air filling my lungs.
           Just as quickly as I had resurfaced, I was dragged back down again, his soft lips pressuring mine, a spark of electricity surging between our bodies, drawing me closer to him.

       His lips, tangling with mine caressed mine with such tenderness but with a hint of the underlying urges, and it was tantalising, leaving me begging for more. A hand snaked up and wound itself in his hair of its own accord, and my other hand had roamed his chest.

            I snapped out of my reverie, as the stereo jolted on as we went over a particularly rocky bit of road. Damon leant over to turn it up, and the words from Plain White T’s ‘Fireworks’ filled the car, and I leant back in my seat and sang along:

I know you know it can’t get much better, Fireworks flying whenever we’re together, I know you know that I know you love me...

            Damon joined in on the chorus, and our voices were surprisingly melodic together, and for the first time in a long time, when we’d finished, a huge Cheshire cat grin was splayed across my face. Then the significance of the words hit me. The words “Fireworks flying whenever we’re together, I know you know that I know you love me” summed up mine and Damon’s relationship. I knew that he loved me, but was he aware that I reciprocated the feelings?

            Either way, I wasn’t quite up to vocalising it just yet.

            My mind drifted back to the dream I’d had whilst my head had lolled in Damon’s car. Damon.

            My eyes fluttered open, breaking the kiss, blood coursing through my veins, and I looked up into the dark eyes that were framed by sooty lashes that most girls would have died for, and which certainly had the effect of making the female gender weak at the knees,
            “I love you,” I grinned, against his mouth as I pressed another kiss against his lips – lips that I was surprised weren’t chapped from the amount of kissing we’d done.
            Damon Salvatore grinned back and returned the kisses. “I love you too, Elena Gilbert.”