16. Baby Don't Return To Me

・•She's A Lady•・
(Not edited)

Michael had left Luke with a promise of a better reconciliation, that wouldn't be invaded by prying eyes and jealous girlfriends. Luke nodded and they walked home together too close. Michael and Luke ended up talking about what they were in relation to the other.

"Luke, I want to be with you," Michael had whispered looking up at the sky. Luke was relieved and taken back.

"I want to be with you too," Luke said gently reaching for Michael's had and intertwined their cold fingers together. Michael all of a sudden felt very warm and fuzzy. He liked that feeling.

"I'm going to break up with Haile tomorrow," Michael said with conviction.

"Why not do it now?" Luke teased as they made it to the steps of their apartment building.

"I will," Michael exclaimed triumphantly un-intertwining their hands. He brought both of his slightly shaking hands to Luke's face. He pulled Luke down and pecked his lips with a mwah sound before jogging away.

Like placed his right pointer and middle fingers to his lips and Michael rounded the corner. That bout would be the death of him no doubt. Luke walked up to their apartment and collapsed onto his bed.

He supposed all this drama could've been saved by simply sharing his feelings with Michael earlier on but it was too late to dwell on that. Everything was good for once and Luke didn't want to be sad.

It was all fun and games until he got fucked up and now it was even better.

〜。〜。〜。

He screamed enough to make her cry. And he felt like shit for treating her so poorly... But he wanted to give her up, she honestly wasn't right for him. He let her know but she protested and his screams grew so loud that everything else quieted down. The air grew still with the force and tone of his words.

"Look, I honestly can't be with you," Michael's voice quivered from the force exerted in keeping it at a fairly average level. He thought the conversation was over. He spun on his heels and started to make his way to the door of her apartment.

Luke. Luke. Luke. Luke.

Luke's name was a silent mantra in his head. The only thing keeping him sane. He just wanted Luke and that was the only thing he could concentrate on. He didn't want to be with Haley, she was sucking the life out of him.

"I'm pregnant," she gasped in between indignant sobs. Michael stopped walking as his head whipped back.

"What?" Michael asked his voice breaking half way through the word. Shit, Michael thought as his legs started to shake. Honestly what the fuck.

"Take a test," Michael demanded as he tried to be calm but in reality he looked scared out of his mind. He didn't want to be a father with her as his partner. He didn't want her in his life anymore.

Before all of the animosity between Haley and Michael festered, he had accepted that she was probably going to be his wife. Then Allie had called Haley in drunk hysterics.

"I-I Kno-o-w whacha doin," Allie had chocked out. He had answered it because he assumed that Haley and Allie were friends. He thought that the call had to be important seeing that it was 11pm. He was just hoping that Allie was okay.