12. You'll Be Missing Out And I'll Be Missing You

•・Missing You・•
(Not edited)
For the second time that day Michael found himself sitting across from Haley. Her gingerbread colored eyes bore into his own pear colored ones.

He was very relaxed and content. He was having a good time. Everything that could go right had. Yet, something was missing. He didn't know what, but he did know it was important.

Something about him and Haley together wasn't quite right. He didn't know why it felt off, but maybe it was all in his head. Maybe it was him being paranoid.

"You okay, Michael?" Haley asked. She knew he wasn't because she wasn't either. Something didn't feel right to her as well. She didn't know what. Their entire night had gone beautifully, but it just didn't feel right.

"YーYeah, I'm fine, Haley," Michael answered smiling at her. He wanted to tell her he wasn't comfortable but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. He needed to get over Luke. He couldn't live with the constant guilt. He felt like he was keeping Luke from finding his match.

He thought it was kinda shitty of himself to put Luke above Haley, but he couldn't help it. He wished he could care about her as much as he cared about Luke. Maybe then he would feel bad about using her.

They took a taxi back to her place because she lived alone. Michael kissed her goodnight on the cheek. As he turned around to leave, Haley grabbed his wrist and made him face her.

She leaned in crashing their lips together. Michael didn't particularly care for the way she felt against his lips. He didn't like the way she forced her tongue into his mouth.

She didn't kiss him like he was important. She didn't kiss him like Luke did. Michael knew that he would forever compare every romantic partner he would ever have with Luke. He was fucked and he was going to pretend he wasn't.

In his mind, no one was better for him than Luke. At the risk of sounding cheesy, Michael thought that Luke was imperfectly perfect for him. But Michael couldn't be with Luke. Michael needed someone that would romantically as well as sexually be attracted to him.

When they broke apart Michael felt dirty. His skin was practically crawling. He tried to not show his disgust on his face. He didn't want to offend her. It took a lot of courage to kiss him like that.

Michael tried to hide how bad he wanted to rinse his mouth, with an enamored smile. He was involuntarily blushing adding authenticity to his reaction. He waved good-bye to her as he left.

When the cold air licked his face Michael felt free. He felt like he could finally breathe. He didn't like messing with Haley, but he couldn't stay hanged up on Luke.

He walked away from her apartment briskly his lilac hair becoming tossled. He could see his breath leaving his mouth. It trailed up and integrated with the air around it.

Michael wrapped his jacket around him tighter, trying to keep warm. The sun had set over two hours ago leaving the city dark. If Michael hadn't been used to walking home in the dark he'd honestly be terrified.

The shadows casted by the street lamps looked like they belonged to something other worldly. Something that wanted to swallow Michael whole. He paid them no mind reminding himself that he would be fine.

He was two blocks away from Haley's house when he felt a hand grab his shoulder. Michael almost screamed before he turned around and saw it was Haley.

"You should come with me," she whispered into the quite night. Michael nodded as she took his hand in hers. She led them back to her apartment.

He didn't protest at all. Once they entered her apartment he felt warm and cozy. He was taking off his jacket when she kissed him hungrily. One thing led to another and the next morning Michael woke up and he wasn't in Luke's bed.

Michael didn't feel right.

〜。〜。〜。

Luke had found out from Alli's tearful rendition of the previous nights events. Michael and Haley where together. Luke could feel his whole world collapsing around him.

He was holding it together to comfort Alli, but he was so close to breaking. He rubbed soothing circles on her back as Alli sobbed openly.

Heartbreak wasn't an easy thing to over come. And Luke had never experienced something so painful in his life. He just wanted to rip his heart out of his chest.

He could physically feel his emotional anguish. He could feel his heart breaking. He could feel his heart crumbling. Luke felt like he was dying.

He chewed his lip raw as he tried to control his sadness. And Luke was unbelievably sad. He just wanted everything to stop. He wanted Alli to stop crying. He wanted Michael to not be dating Haley. He wanted to feel okay. Luke wanted a lot that he wasn't going to get. It was all wishful thinking.

Luke knew that Michael would be missing out, and he would be missing Michael. Luke wished that he wouldn't miss Michael at all because that fucker was breaking his heart. But he couldn't ignore how he felt like everything was falling apart.

He felt like he was literally falling apart. Alli stopped crying her tears being soaked in by his shirt. They were sitting in his and Michael's apartment in the kitchen.

Luke was still embracing Alli as she calmed down. After a few minutes she pulled away and looked at Luke. She couldn't tell what he was feeling. She sighed before standing up.

"Thanks, Luke. I'm sorry about your shirt," she said her voice thick with sadness. Luke just nodded and walked her to the door.

When she was gone he went to his room and locked the door. Michael wasn't home yet and Luke wanted to avoid seeing Michael at all costs.

He sat on his bed and as he felt his chest ache more, the tears started to run down his face. Soon the room was filled with his broken sobs. He didn't have anyone to hold him. He didn't have anyone to tell him he was going to be alright.

He wasn't going to be alright.

(A/N)

Hey guys! I'm going on a field trip on an overnight Thursday! I'm so excited. I hope that I get a boyfriend. Just cause I wanna make out with someone.

Vote...
Comment...
Share...

- Michelle