7. Only Half A Blue Sky, Kinda There But Not Quite

・•Half A Heart•・

Luke liked spending time with Alli. She was a great girl really. He just didn't like her in that way. He didn't know what he had been thinking.

"Luke," Alli shyly smiled twirling her hair around her finger.

"Yeah," Luke answered through a tight lipped smile.

"Can I tell you something?" She whispered leaning in closer. Luke's features softened.

"Of course," Luke replied his eyes squinting. They were seated outside the hospital on a bench. The sun shone right where they were sitting keeping them warm.

" I like someone, but I'm not sure if they like me back. What should I do?" She whined her body leaning against Luke's for support.

Luke felt uncomfortable under her expectant stare. He immediately though that she meant him. How was he going to let her down gently?

"Um, who do you like then?" Luke questioned while clasping his hands together on his lap. He was nervous. He didn't want to hurt her feelings. He didn't want to hurt her.

" Haley," Alli spat out her cheeks turning scarlet.

Oh.

"Oh," Luke exclaimed relief flooding his body.

"But, doesn't she like Michael?" Luke pondered aloud. He was certain that the girl was head over heels for his best mate.

"I, I mean I don't know, Luke," Alli warily contemplated. Her hair fluttered in the wind. Luke wrapped his arm around her shoulders and brought her more into his side.

Michael had decided that he should talk to Luke about how he felt about him. Luke had seen him naked. He had caressed every part of Michael. He only thought that it would be fair to tell Luke how he felt.

He walked outside, a hoodie shielding his body from the wind. He stumbled a bit before regaining his footing. Michael smiled to himself. Oh, he was nervous, but he was also incredibly happy. He was finally going to set himself free.

He spotted Luke's blond quiffed hair before he saw Alli leaning on Luke's lanky frame. When Michael noticed that Luke had his arm around Alli he stopped in his tracks.

Something inside of Michael snapped. His legs stopped working and his world stopped turning. Before he knew what he was doing he took off running towards the hospital. His hands where shaking and he couldn't breath.

Michael became dizzy just as his legs buckled under him. He tipped backwards hitting his head hard against the concrete.

〜。〜。〜。

Michael woke up his entire body felt like it was floating. He smiled lazily looking to his right.

"Aye, Calu. Wa you doin,?" Michael said trying to get his jaw to work. He couldn't get the words to come out right. He pouted as he reached up with his left hand and poked his own cheek.

Calum looked a Michael through tear full eyes. Calum was relieved. He was just happy that Michael was okay.

"Hey, hey, Mikey shhhh, it's okay," Calum cooed going up to Michael.

"Look, I'll explain where you are but first someone's gonna have to come in and look at you," Ashton said appearing from behind Calum.

"Woah," Michael giggled. To him it seemed like Ashton just appeared out of thin air.

A doctor walked in and checked Michael over before nodding to Calum and leaving.

"Mikey, baby," Calum whispered gently moving Michael's bangs off his forehead. Ashton appeared at his other side. He pulled up a chair and sat down.