8. I Wish I Could Be Someone Else, But I Don't Have A Clue At All

・•Something's Gotta Give•・

After a few days Michael was cleared to go home. Michael's doctor had ordered him to rest for 2 weeks, or until the stitches fell out. Luke, somehow still felt responsible; he took a week of his vacation time to be with Michael.

"So, what's up with you and Ash," Michael pestered for about the fifteenth time. Calum had been ignoring all of Michael's questions. In his opinion Michael had more important things to worry about.

"If you don't tell me I'm just going to assume you guys are dating," Michael threatened a smile creeping onto his face. Calum griped the steering wheel, knuckles turning white.

"We aren't," Calum mumbled his cheeks betrayed him by turing a rosy color. To be honest Calum really really liked Ashton. But how could he ask him out now seeing how fucked up Michael and Luke's relationship had become?

Calum sighed and turned on the radio trying to drown out Michael's snickers.

"OH, wake me up saying nothing enough!  I'm dying to live, something's gotta give! Pull me out of this sinking town, I'm dying to live something's gotta give!" Calum and Michael screamed along with the song. They were both laughing and smiling. Their previous conversation long forgotten.

It felt good to be alive. It felt good to have friends. It felt good to laugh.

〜。〜。〜。

Calum insisted on taking Michael's stuff up to his and Luke's apartment. For ten minutes outside of Calum's car they stood bickering.

Michael was arguing that he was perfectly capable of carrying his own stuff. Calum sternly reminded him that the doctor said to rest. Michael just fucking let me do this. Eventually Michael gave in saying something about Calum being a pain in the ass.

Luke opened the door in anticipation. He had heard them fighting outside. Luke's nose and left cheekbone where still heavily bruised. Thankfully the handprint on his right cheek had faded and the swelling had gone down.

Luke saw Michael's lilac hair round the rest in the staircase. Luke leaned against the doorway. He smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

When Michael saw Luke he grinned wide before stumbling over the last two steps. Luke's heart jumped into his throat. He rushed over to Michael and grabbed him by the shoulders. He inspected Michael's face before smiling and crushing Michael in a hug.

Michael hugged back burying his face into the crook of Luke's neck. Luke let go before shooting Calum a lopsided smile. Calum awkwardly smiled back.

He felt really bad about punching Luke. Seeing Luke's bruised face made him feel worse. Calum didn't know how he was going to make it up to Luke.

They all walked into the apartment and closed the door behind them. They left it unlocked because Ashton would be getting there any moment.

The thought of Ashton made Calum's heart beat hard against his chest. He was just really excited to see him. Calum put Michael's bag in his room before going back into the living room.

Michael turned on the xbox and signed into his account. He selected the netflix app as he cuddled into the sofa. Luke snuggled in next to Michael.

Calum squeezed in on Michael's other side. Luke draped the blanket around them. Michael chose Doc Martin. They waited for the show to load snuggling together.

〜。〜。〜。

Ashton found the door unlocked when he got to Luke and Michael's apartment. He walked in hearing people talking in the living room. He toed off his shoes before turing and locking the door.