5. I'll Be Okay, Say I'll Be Okay

・•I Hope This Comes Back To Haunt You•・

Michael felt completely and utterly fucked. Well, for the time being he hadn't been fucked literally. Michael just felt emotionally and mentally fucked.

Over the course of three weeks he had started to 'notice' Luke. Not to say that he usually didn't notice Luke, but this was a different type of noticing.

It was the kind of noticing that made Michael's heart race. It was the kind that made butterflies tickle Michael's insides. The kind of noticing that only Luke could calm.

So, yeah. Michael was completely and utterly fucked.

He wouldn't be okay soon, not with Luke pouncing on him as often as he did. Not that Michael was complaining, but who could really blame him?

Michael felt like he was drowning in a sea of Luke.

Luke Luke Luke Luke.

Michael's heart liked the sound of being surrounded completely and wholly by nothing but Luke. But his brain damned him for his indiscretion.

Michael was one big contradiction and he was totally fucked for it. He was just so simply a fool for thinking up the idea.

He wasn't supposed to like being with Luke, technically. Of course Michael was supposed to enjoy sex with Luke. Of course he was supposed to enjoy Luke's company. He just wasn't supposed to become enthralled by Luke's day to day mannerisms. They were best friends for crying out loud! Michael wasn't supposed to feel that way.

Michael wasn't supposed to trace the slope of Luke's nose with his eyes. Michael wasn't supposed to find Luke's lame ass jokes that funny.
Michael wasn't supposed to like the way Luke always said gesundheit instead of God bless you.

Michael just couldn't stop himself from admiring Luke. And that was bad, very bad. But he didn't want to stop, and what was the harm in that?

〜。〜。〜。

Luke was enjoying his new found relationship with Michael. Luke knew that he didn't have to worry about impressing him.

It was all very comfortable and calming. Luke felt like he was at home with Michael and it felt nice. He didn't have to worry about making a fool of himself, because they'd just laugh it off. He didn't have to worry about not pleasing his partner, because Michael was always very vocal.

To Luke this was a win win situation. Their little arrangement was making him more confident in bed. He wasn't as tentative, he was the initiator and he like it. And he knew that Michael liked it too. Michael was getting the release he wanted.

Luke didn't see any flaws, and that's why he didn't see Michael. Luke didn't really see Michael and that was a problem.

Luke was missing the lingering stares. Luke was missing the way Michael blushed at him. Luke was missing the way Michael giggled at his jokes. Luke was virtually blind to the fact that Michael was starting to show a romantic type of interest in him.

Luke didn't miss everything. Somehow he managed to pick up on Michael's sleepless nights and days. Luke noticed that Michael didn't eat as much and had less energy. Luke saw all of those signs, so why did he miss the others?

〜。〜。〜。

Michael had taken the late shift to have some time away from Luke. Don't get Michael wrong, all he wanted to do was spend time with Luke. But too much of a good thing is bad.

Michael knew that he should stop being friends with benefits with Luke.  The whole situation could get really out of hand. But Michael was already addicted, he had a problem he refused to completely acknowledge.