Entering Darkland

Your POV:

I pushed the button on my (your favourite gaming system) to turn it off, after playing (your favourite video game).

Weird, it was already shut off...

I laughed, realizing that my (same gaming system) was somehow unplugged. I reached for the long black cord and plugged it in to the socket in behind my television. As the cord was plugged in, I felt an atrocious shock! I started to shake and everything went fuzzy.

                               • • •

I woke up in front of a humungous castle, confused with a painful headache. The large castle was made of dull, grey cement bricks bricks with familiar silhouettes of a certain video game villain engraved into some of the bricks.

Wait a minute, I know where I am! Bowser's Castle!

I felt the cold grey bricks as I nervously stepped inside the castle that was surrounded by lava. I wondered inside, going up a grand staircase. I could faintly hear several voices, but, it was probably just my imagination.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" My voice echoed several times, almost startling myself.

It appeared that the castle had been completely empty. I walked around the empty halls, covered in extremely detailed portraits of Bowser and his eight children, the koopalings. I found a door with a golden sign with a name written on it in the fanciest and most elegant fonts ever. 'Wendy'. The name of the only female koopaling. I opened the large door and found no one inside. There was a walk in closet full of distasteful accessories, a vanity with oddly coloured and extremely vibrant makeup, a small pastel pink radio, and a picture of Wendy with her arms crossed, rolling her eyes. On a nightstand, there was a jar full of coins and a phone with hundreds of pink, purple, and white sequins decorated on the back. And the bed was absolutely massive! I yawned looking at the pale white moon out the large fancy window.

I'm so tired... I really need to get some sleep. Nobody would even mind at all. No one would ever notice I was here. I'll just leave in the morning...

I quietly crept into the large, king sized pink bed and fell asleep very quickly, because it was so soft and comfortable.

Bowser's POV:

"Thanks I guess for helping me out of that damn lava pit." I mumbled, thanking my son, Bowser Junior, messing up his hair.

"No problem, Pop'!" He cheerfully smiled.

It was hard to act tough in front of Junior, he was always in such a good mood and sometimes I couldn't help but smile. I deeply cared about my children's safely, but I have to pretend to hate them so if something bad ever happened, they wouldn't miss me. I really shouldn't be having these thoughts on a shitty day like today...

"You guys get off to bed, it's way past your bedtime, not that I give a shit, go on Facebook or whatever." I growled, pointing a clawed finger at the stairs.

The kids waddled up the grand staircase into their rooms.
Twenty seconds after I had just watched them leave, Wendy ran back in disgust.

"King dad! Like there's this like weird girl sleeping in my bed! It's like totally gross!" She screamed, putting her hands on her hips.

"What the hell?! Are you sure it's not Peach or Daisy?" I asked, completely unaware of any other humans in the area.

Wendy shook her head, still cringing in disgust. Wendy had a strong dislike for humans and acted as if they were only wild beasts who needed to be dispose of.

"I'll even show you!" She began to walk back to her room.

I followed her up the stairs, down the hall, and into her room. Wendy flicked the lights on, and surely enough, there was a girl. She looked a lot younger than Peach. She was gorgeous in her pleasant sleep, but I had to wake her up or Wendy would throw a fit!

"Excuse me, miss. Who might you be?" I asked the half-awake woman after I had poked her with a finger.

She woke up in a panic and looked like she was about to scream. I guess I do look kinda scary at first, that's the whole point of me being me, right?

"I'm Y/N." She stammered, trying to back up.

"Are you new around here or something?" I yawned.

"No. I got electrocuted into my (same gaming system) somehow." She explained.

"Weird, that happened with..." I quickly cut myself off, knowing it was stupid of me to explain something like that to a stranger.

"Who?" She questioned.

I sighed, not wanting to repeat the same old story again. I felt bad about the whole situation, the fact that it was my fault and my fault only that this had happened.

"Peach's fiancé, Haru. Same thing that happened to you happened to him a long time ago. Haru got depressed because Peach was always being kidnapped and I turned him into a dog for four years. He actually killed himself the day before they got married. They had a daughter, but she had mysteriously disappeared."

"Where do you think she went?" She asked.

"She could have gone anywhere, we figured she went through a warp-zone and went to the real world or another game." I murmured the unimportant information.

"Why do you know so much about it?" She asked.

"I just do. I've already told you enough. Now could you get out of my castle." I ordered.

"Oops, forgot about that." She murmured.

She slid out of the bed and stepped into the hall.

"Would you mind if I slept in the dark land castle, everywhere else is far away." She asked.

"Yes, I do mind. Get out." I growled.

"But everything is too far, please let me stay! I'll do anything!" She begged.

"Fine, but only on one condition. In the morning, you get the hell out of my life and never come back!" I frowned.

"Thank you, I promise." She sighed.

It was silent as I walked up the stairs.

"Well, it's right over there. Good night."

"Night." She whispered.

"You can also stay for breakfast, if you really need to, but I won't be giving you a lot because you haven't done anything for me." I frowned.

"Thanks."

She walked into the pink room and quietly closed the door. I smirked pulling out my phone and carefully dialled Peach's cellphone number.

"Bowser. I know it's you, I have caller ID-" Peach mumbled.

"Listen up brat, I'm for sure I found your daughter."

"You did! How?" She exclaimed.

"Come to my castle tomorrow alone and don't tell anyone where you're going." I ordered the young princess.

"Fine. But thanks." She replied.

"She looks just like you." I added.

I heard Peach crying before she hung up and evilly smirked. I could easily threaten to kill the little bitch if Peach didn't hand over her kingdom. It's my master plan and will definitely work!