Chapter 12: The Visit

Lori

The four of us continued to talk on the front porch while waiting for Ciel's... um... ex-fiancèe.

It wasn't long though, before we heard a cheerful voice yell from the carriage.

"Shiiieeeeruuu!"

I suddenly felt Ciel tense a bit beside me.

"She's here," He muttered as he snaked an arm around my waist to pull me close.

"Is it just me, or does she sound like a little ball of happiness." I muttered to my fiancè as we both watched the carriage slow down in front of us.

"It's not just you. She is a large ball of happiness."

The driver opened the door to the carriage and escorted the lady out.

"Ciel! It's been a while!" A blonde lady with apple green eyes said as she hopped out the carriage.

"Indeed it has, Lady Elizabeth." Ciel bowed slightly.

The beautiful blonde looked at the bluenette straight into his eyes. Well, eye, rather since he wore the eyepatch. Oh! Speaking of! He hasn't told me about his pentagram eye yet.

"Come on, Ciel. Call me 'Lizzy' like you used to." She gently smiled a thin layer of blush crept on her porcelain-like cheeks.

I pursed my lips. 'What made these two break up? It seems like Lady Elizabeth is still trying to reach out to Ciel...'

"Lady Elizabeth, that was when the engagement was still intact. Surely that's not the case now." Ciel quietly mumbled as he turned around.

Ouch. That line was... harsh.

Elizabeth wore a bitter smile and looked down. "...You're right."

Ciel started to walk inside the mansion, not even sparing us a single glance.

Awkward.

I cleared my throat and thought that this was a nice chance for me to introduce myself.

"Good afternoon. My name is Lori Francèll Vandiviere. Nice to meet you, Lady Elizabeth." I gracefully bowed.

Elizabeth eyes landed on me. "Oh, good afternoon to you too. I'm Lady Elizabeth. A good friend of Ciel's." She smiled.

I returned her a smile and invited her inside.

'Ciel, that jerk! Lady Elizabeth is his visitor, not mine! Why do I have to escort her? I barely know the girl.'

"So, um, would you like to walk around the mansion with me for a while?" I awkwardly ask.

Elizabeth seemed to smile a little at the idea so she gave a curt nod. "It'll help me familiarize myself with the place again." She whispered.

I smiled at her and said nothing. I waited for her to start walking before me.

"So how's Ciel, Miss Lori?" Elizabeth initiates the conversation.

"Lori is fine, Miss Elizabeth. Well let's see... Ciel's been normal, I guess?" I ran my hand through my raven hair.

The mansion was perfectly quiet so you could hear the echoing tick of our heels against the marble floor.

"In that case, Lizzy is fine too." She laughed a little. "Really? Does he treat you well?" Her eyes were focused on me.

Really, she just had to ask those types of questions.

I blew out a sigh and looked around the halls. "I'll be really honest here so please excuse my momentary lapse of manners."