Chapter 7: Key

~Lori~

"Ngh..." I groaned as I slowly sat up. A chilly gust of air making contact to my skin.

"Hn, so you're awake." A voice mumbled.

I sleepily look at the person beside me. It was Ciel. Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

oH?!

IT WAS CIEL?!

I was in a bed together with Ciel?!

My eyes went wide and I immediately backed up out of instinct... causing me to fall from the bed.

'Smooth Lori, real smooth.' I say in my head.

Ciel peered at the edge of the bed. His head rested on the palm of his hand as he stared at me. "What are you doing on the floor, you idiot?" He asks me nonchalantly.

I cautiously look Ciel at his beautiful blue eye. "W-What time is it? Where am I?" I murmured.

Ciel sighed and tilted his head to the side a little. "It's half past eight, we'll have dinner in a few minutes." The bluenette paused for a while as he ran a hand through his navy blue tresses. "You're in my room. Jeanette isn't back yet so I didn't have any access to your room."

I frowned in confusion. "Shouldn't you have a Master Key? This is your mansion after all. Why am I even here in the first place?"

Ciel shot me a look of irritation. "I took the liberty of carrying you from the carriage since you fell asleep on my shoulder. I never knew you slept like a baby." He snickered.

I blushed in embarrassment. "I-It's not my fault I was tired! And why didn't Sebastian carry me instead? You don't seem like a person that would put himself in such a bother."

Ciel scoffed and slowly stood up from the bed. "Sebastian apparently had things to do. As I was saying, I didn't have the chance to get the Master Key because it was hidden here inside my room. I might as well lay you here rather than carrying you over to your room." He opened the drawer beside his bed and pulled out two silver keys.

The young Earl glanced at me and threw one key at my direction and I caught it clumsily. My eyes observe the stainless silver key with a Phantomhive Crest engraved on the top.

Ciel returned the other key to his drawer. "I only have two Master Keys so I trust you to take care of that and never use it for foolish things. Do you understand?"

My eyes widened. "Ciel! I can't accept this! W-What if I'm a thief? W-What if I take things when you're not around?"

Ciel slightly glares at me. "I know you well enough to ensure that you aren't. I chose you as my fiance after all. Don't take me for a fool." He walks over to me and offers a hand for me.

I bit my lip and slowly reached for it. He pulls me up. "Let's go down for dinner," He muttered.

"W-Wait..." I shyly stop him. He turns his body to face me, his hand resting on the golden doorknob.

I walk near him and rise on my tippy toes. I slowly peck him on his cheek. "Thank you for carrying me and for the Master Key." I murmured.

Ciel raised a suspicious eyebrow at me. "You seem to have taken a liking of kissing me on the cheek," He deadpanned.

My breath hitched at the back of my throat and my cheeks were almost the same color as Grell's hair. "I-um, it's for, er... I'll s-stop if it b-bothers you."