Chapter 19 ~ Firelight Epiphany

Author's Note

Im sorry guy I havn't been updating I've been really bussy with Cadets, Family Issues and School work.. But Here you go guys ily brahss

Draco and Hermione were first assigned on guard duty together their fourth night as supposed 'Death Eaters'. It was colder than it had been in a long time, or perhaps it just felt so because they lacked each other's warmth.

"The Aurora are visible tonight" she mused somewhat awkwardly. Draco nodded stiffly and she sighed. "It would be nice if you'd talk to me, you know. I know you're angry with me but..."

"Why would I talk to someone who doesn't trust me?" he replied tensely without looking at her.

"You know I trust you".

He raised his eyebrows. "Do I, Granger?"

She sighed and bit her lip. "I don't know what to say besides I'm sorry".

He chewed at his tongue, obviously irritated. "I don't want to talk about this. Can we just stand out here and do our duty? I don't really want to be bothered by you at all right now".

"Fuck" she hissed. "I'm about to get very irritated with you, Draco. And fucking look at me when I talk to you".

"Why?" he spat, meeting her gaze. "If anything, I should be irritated with you!"

"Just because I've made you mad doesn't mean you have to be a total prat and hold it against me for the rest of my life!" she snapped. "I've forgiven you so many times and for what? To have one mistake held against me! I can't even believe you".

"Because you lied to me!" he shouted. "You said you trusted me! Shows how fucking honest you are! I thought Gryffindors were supposed to be noble and forgiving and honest".

"Well Gryffindors are supposed to brave too. I'm going to be brave and tell you exactly what I think of you".

He raised his eyebrows. "You didn't think so poorly of me when I had you in bed with me just days ago".

"Fucking listen to me!" she yelled. "I think you are a self-righteous prat who is too cowardly to face his problems so drowns them in alcohol instead! You take out your anger on everybody close to you and you don't give a damn about anybody but yourself. You can't even go ten minutes without making a bitter comment! You are absolutely infuriating and disgusting and vile! I wish you'd never joined the Order and stayed your father's pawn for the rest of your life just so I never had to deal with you again and now I can't even get away from you because we're here on a mission together!"

"You're just mad because you can't accept that you, perfect fucking angel Granger, made a mistake on something. You fucked this all up yourself! Maybe I'm not as forgiving as you that's just the way I am, it's not a question of whether me or you is deserving forgiveness or not" he spat back.

"Well the way you are is pathetic!"

"I'm glad you think so".

"I don't think so, I know so".

"Your extended knowledge on every subject matter seems to extend everywhere except for the bedroom," he quipped.

"I hate you".

He felt a petite hand strike his face, and a stinging from the impact before he felt the warmth of her mouth covering his. It was by no means a tender kiss, it was full of friction and anger from their argument.

He pulled his face slightly away from hers, smirking. "Still hate me, Granger?"

She narrowed her eyes in defiance. "Always".