Chapter Three

I'm really slow on updating.

Dunno why.

Just don't feel like it lately.

_______________

Chapter Three

 Eighty-one.

I still couldn't believe I was that stupid.

But I couldn't let that get past me. So I was stupid. So what? Was I supposed to care? I liked music. I had a friend. My life was pretty good. Not everybody gets to be smart.

I just happened to be one of those people.

It was foggy today; it seemed like it might get cold, but the sky was probably just teasing us like it always did.

I was a bit more bundled up today; jeans, a hoodie, and some sneakers. My guitar case was in my hand, and the streets were a lot less crowded than when I got my guitar.

I really hoped my teacher was good.

 "I can't wait to see Zacky," Valerie said, excited.

"It's not a big deal," I promised her. Even though that was a complete lie, I didn't want her to go and embarrass me in front of him.

This time, the store had a few more people in it. About 8 in total. I walked up to the counter, Valerie following. Mr. Vengeance was nowhere in sight.

"How may I help you?" the guy asked.

"I'm here for my lessons," I replied.

He raised an eyebrow at me, but pulled out the list. "Let's see here...Olive?"

"That's me."

"Follow me. We already picked out your instructor. Well, it was more of his choice than ours. He begged to," he explained, smirking.

Uh oh.

I had a creeping suspicion I knew who it was.

I said bye to Valerie, who frowned since her lack of Zacky. "You'll see him eventually," I promised. She walked out sadly.

He led me into the back room. It was a small room, with guitars hanging from the walls and the walls painted red, like my bedroom. There were two chairs sitting across from each other. I turned to the guy and he smirked. "Your teacher will be here in a minute."

He shut the door and I sighed. I sat down in a chair and pulled my guitar out, plucking at the strings with my fingers. This really didn't work without an amplifier.

The door opened a minute later and my creeping suspicions were confirmed.

"Hello, I am Zacky Vengeance, and I will be your teacher."

"I know who you are, Zacky," I reminded him.

"I know. I just like making big overrated entrances like that,"  he explained, smiling. "Now that my asshole of a boss is gone, I can say whatever the hell I want."

This would be fun.

Today, in contrast to yesterday, he was dressed in a black t-shirt with a skull and crossbones, black jeans, and sneakers. He had a lip ring in today.

"First off, you're holding it wrong." How do you hold a guitar wrong? He took a guitar off the wall and demonstrated. It looked weird, and I knew the reason why.

"You play guitar left handed?" I asked, confused.

"Is there a problem with the way I play my guitar?" he questioned menacingly, putting me on the spot.