Like A Salmon

I ran fast, so that they couldn't catch up. I told them to stay at my house, that I had to go alone and they agreed. But I knew they were trailing me. They were too overprotective.

There was a garden sort of thing in the back of our village. It was a training ground for everyone to use, eighteen kilometers long and nine wide.

In the very center was a cabin.

Very few people knew about this cabin. It was very rarely used and a great place to hide out. It was beautiful. Well kept up by the people who did occasionally visit it. Everyone else loved it.

For me, it was a nightmare.

The only memories I had of this beautiful cabin were bad ones. Lucien tried to kill me there. That and other stuff too.

I stood outside the cabin, reluctant to go in. But I needed to get Smooch back.

I ran to the door and opened it, peeking inside but not seeing anything. It seemed like no one was there. Smooch was sitting on a table in the middle of the one room and I knew it was a trap.

But I didn't really care.

I ran in and grabbed him and before I could get back out, Lucien dropped from the ceiling and grabbed me.

"Hello Sage." He said, holding my arms to my side with one arm. With his other he held a knife to my throat.

Before I knew it we were on the bed and he was undressing me just like before. He succeeded in getting me completely naked except for my underwear before Kade, Cye, Four, and Soren burst in.

Lucien jerked up and I clutched Smooched to my chest to cover me.

"Sage!"

"Lucien!"

"Huh?"

"Hmm." Lucien said "Alright alright. I know when I am outnumbered. I've been defeated this time but I'll be back. Ta ta love."

He very suddenly disappeared.

"Sage, are you okay?"

I realized that I was crying. I swiped at my eyes. "C-could you guys please get me my clothes?"

I heard them start to pick up my clothes and put them on the bed next to me.

"We'll wait right outside for you." Soren said "If you need anything just call us."

"A-alright." They left and I rushed to get my clothes on, not necessarily caring if they were inside out or not.

Once I was dressed I went to go back outside but broke down sobbing. I just felt like shit.

Twenty seconds later they burst in, hitting me with the door. I fell over onto my side and quickly sat up and covered my face with my hands.

"Sage? Are you alright?" Kade asked, kneeling down next to me.

"I-I'm fine." I said, standing up and picking up Smooch.

We started walking home, me clutching Smooch to my chest.

We were quiet for around five minutes.

"All for a bear huh?" Four said

I nodded. "Smooch is special. He's my best friend."

They were all quiet.

"Lucien said he was going to kill the bear. But what if you killed it. If it was your best friend, wouldn't it break your curse?"

I paused. "I never really thought about that. I don't think it will work though. He's not really alive."

"Is it worth a try?" Soren asked