Betrayal

"Lucien as in your brother? The one who taught me that move?" I asked

"Hello, Brother." Lucien said, his voice full of malice

"Lu-Lucien. Where have you been? I-I've missed you." Soren choked out.

"Oh how sweet, little brother. Well I'd like you to know that I haven't missed you."

"Why? Why did you leave?"

"Because you were pathetic. I am so much stronger now than I was. You will never defeat me."

"Defeat you? You can't be bad, right?"

"You're still pathetic. Just as bad as you always were." Lucien laughed

"Don't talk to him like that." I mumbled

"Hmm? What was that, Sage?" Lucien asked

"You can't talk to him like that. I won't let you."

"Oh you won't, huh? Hey have you mastered that move that I taught you?"

"That move is deadly."

"Well why don't you show me?"

"Are you asking me to fight you?" I asked

"You could say that."

"Alright. I accept. We need to go outside though, so that we don't ruin Shae's house."

"Oh that's right. Shae, I told you to keep them out of the attic. You didn't do very well."

"I-I'm sorry." She muttered. She sounded frightened.

"I'll deal with you later."

"Sage, stop!" Soren said. "You cannot fight him. He's too strong. He always has been."

"I won't let him talk to someone I look up to like that. I won't let him talk to any of you guys like that. I have too much of a fighting nature." I said the last part smiling.

"Oh how sweet. She cares about you." Lucien said, sarcastically. "I'll have to teach her a lesson." He made is way out of the house and we followed.

"Good luck."

"Oh please, girl. I know your weakness. You're blind. You can't see me if I'm in the air."

"I can hear you."

"Not if everything else is making noise and it overwhelms my sound."

"True. But still. Good luck beating me."

"She's blind?" I heard Shae whisper

Lucien and I squared up to eachother. "Are you ready, little girl?"

I nodded.

Suddenly he disappeared off of the ground and I heard loud banging noises all around me. I clamped my hands over my ears and fell to my knees, the noise killing me. My ultra-sensitive ears were taking way to much sound. If I didn't do something, I would be blind and deaf. Quickly I tunneled my way into the ground, covering the entrance. The noise died down, muffled by the ground and I could finally think.

A plan hit me and I started to dig. I could still hear the popping above ground and it was really loud. I gathered my Whue in front of me and shot it out, digging a tunnel in front of me. If I could do this right, then every time he landed on the ground I could hit him.

It didn't really take me that long to dig a series of connecting tunnels through the ground. Now I just had to wait for him to touch the ground. When he finally did, I shot a bolt of Whue through the tunnels to where I could feel his vibrations. As soon as it got to that spot, I shot it upward at him.

I heard him cry out and he fell on his behind a few feet away. I shot more of my Whue at him and each time it hit him, sending him flying.

I dug out of the ground just as he was standing up. "Why you-."

I sent another Whue burst through the ground and it hit him, sending him sprawling backwards on the ground and cutting him off.

"We are taking you back to the village to await punishment. You are a traitor." I told him

"Yeah. I am a traitor. But I'm not going back." With that he suddenly disappeared.

"Hey! You're not a coward too, are you?" I shouted but he never answered.

"Sage!" Kade yelled. He ran to me and held me up when my knees crumbled.

"I think I used too much Whue." I said "I'm sorry I couldn't stop him, Soren."

"No Sage. I'm sure we will find him again. Come on inside and rest." He said

Kade and I limped inside. He laid me down on a couch and put a blanket over me. Everyone settled around the room.

"So Sage, how did you do that? At first I was seriously thinking you were going to get your butt kicked." Soren said

"Thanks for your faith in me." I said. "I dug a series of tunnels using my Whue and when I felt him land, I would send Whue through the tunnels to where he was standing and it would knock him over."

"That's amazing. You know I never would have thought of that." Kade said

"I'm sure you would have. You're smart."

"Yes. Yes I am."

I opened my mouth to say something but Soren cut me off. "No fighting. Anyway, Shae, why were you hiding my brother? You must have known he deserted the village."

"I couldn't kick him out. We were engaged a while ago. He ended it a few weeks ago but I still loved him. I had to let him stay."

"You loved my brother?" Soren asked, sounding sad.

"Soren, I know you and I had a thing, but that's gone. People move on."

"Yeah. But some don't." He stood and turned. He left and slammed the door behind him.

I sighed. "Poor Soren."

"Hey." Shae said "You're blind! How can you do all of that stuff if you're blind?"

"You tried to trick me into telling you everything while that person was in the attic listening. I'm not telling you anything."

"But there's no one here!"

"Well I know that. I would feel their vibrations if they were. I'm not stupid. Come on Guys. We aren't staying here. Let's go find Soren."

I stood and felt the others following me. "Goodbye, Shae."

:"quic]x