Brother Trouble

I could hear him in a wall near me.

"A person? Rats? I don't understand." She said

"Either there is a person here poisoning your food or there are rats getting in and making your food bad to eat." I said. I put my palms flat to the wall and could feel the vibrations of the other guy. I gasped and sprang away.

"What is it, Sage?" Soren asked

"L-Lucien. I'm sorry Soren. I think he's behind the poisoning going on here."

"Lucien?" Both Soren and the old lady said

I drew a knife and threw it at the spot in the wall I had felt Lucien's vibrations. I heard a cry of pain and then a hidden panel slid open and he ran out. He grabbed the lady and stood behind her, a knife to her throat.

"Lucien, what are you doing?" she screeched

"Sorry, Yola. Sometimes you need to sacrifice a comrade to reach the true goal."

"Lucien! They didn't know you were my comrade until you told them! You idiot!" she shouted, all trace of her Chinese accent gone.

"What?" Soren said, completely confused

"Put the old lady down. Come on guys, Soren won't be much help this time. Let's put an end to this." I said

I felt each of them line up next to me.

"I'll kill the lady if you take one more step." Lucien threatened

"Why do we care about that-?"

"Kade!" I said. "We have to protect anyone we can. We don't know about this lady's motive to join Lucien. Maybe she was threatened into doing this. If we don't know the whole story we can't sacrifice any lives." I said, putting my hand up in front of him to stop him from moving.

"But-."

"No. Just trust me this one time. I don't think we should sacrifice anyone's life. Alright, Lucien. Now I'm going to give you one more chance to put her down and then we are going to take drastic measures. I'll give you three seconds."

I heard him scoff.

"One... two..."

Something went off in front of me. "Three!"

"Poison!" Four said, and yanked me back. "Follow me, Sage!" he grabbed my arm and ran with me through the restaurant.

We burst through the door outside. We turned and looked back at the shop. Well he looked and I just stood there. I felt each of them come out one at a time.

"Wait. Soren?" I said, not feeling him

"Soren?" Four said "Shit! He's still inside. I'll be right back." He ran back into the restaurant full of poison.

"Four! Wait!" I shouted. "Well crap. Now what do I do?"

Suddenly there was a rush of air from inside the restaurant. A moment later, Soren stumbled out, carrying Four in his arms. I rushed up to him and took Four while Cye and Kade helped support him.

"What happened to Four?" I asked

"I blew him up against the wall with my Whue burst. He's unconscious."

"I can see that. Well, not really, but you know what I mean."

"How do you know that?" Cye asked

"Your vibrations slow when you're unconscious."

"Well, anyway." Kade interrupted. "I think we found the culprit behind the poisoning. Now the question is do we do something about it or not."

"Our mission was to check it out. We scared those two off for a while. The village will likely send someone here permanently to make sure that they don't come back. For now we go home." Soren said, standing up on his own.

"But I want to go after them!" I protested

"Sage. I've seen enough of my brother for nearly a lifetime. Please don't fight me on this."

I nodded. "Alright. We can go."

Later that day we set off,back to our village.     

Thank you for still reading. I have no excuse for not uploading for so long. I cant garuntee updates but I promise I will get this entire story up eventually. Until then I hope you're still enjoying. I think I got six parts up today so I hope that helps :)

Emily