Lucien

There was someone near me so I stayed close to them for the race.

"Geez Seer now you're following me." Kade said

"Apparently I am. Now go faster so we can get ahead of Cye and Four. I want to get there first."

We ran fast, dodging around people in the streets who yelled at us to watch it and stop running. We ignored them and I pulled ahead of Kade. I was busy memorizing the route. It was mostly straight with a few right turns which meant there were a few left turns going back. I had to remember it so that I could get away from Kade and get there first.

After a couple minutes Kade tapped my shoulder. "Gate's coming up. Knife out now."

I pulled a knife out. "Do you ever speak in complete sentences?"

He didn't answer. "Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm rolling my eyes, Seer."

"Of course you are."

"Ok wall in five seconds... four... three... two."

I skidded to a stop and made a quick slash on the wall, then with a burst of speed even I couldn't have known of, sprinted like hell back the way we had come.

"Hey wait!" Kade yelled, but his voice was getting distant.

Quick left here, another one here.

I concentrated hard and before I knew it I was back in the open space where Soren was.

"Wow Sage that was fast." He said

"Yeah thanks." I said. I had already caught my breath. I was really fast when I tried really hard.

"So come at me, Sage, and finish the challenge."

I hesitated a moment and came at him, carefully.

I got close and he easily blocked my attack and cut my arm open. "Be careful, Sage. I'll be fighting back. I won't be afraid to put all of you in the hospital if that means teaching you what could happen with the enemy."

I nodded and jumped back. I pressed a hand to my bleeding arm. "Alright. I'll do my best to beat you."

I readied myself and came at him from the front quickly. Just as I got near him I stopped and jumped up, and around him. My knife shot out at his side but he grabbed my arm and laid my knife along the bottom of my own chin, holding me up in the air.

"There. If I was a real enemy, you would have been dead before you realized what was going on. You need to be more careful and see through your enemy's next move."

I started breathing faster as I realized the knife was being pressed harder against my throat. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

He cut a small mark on my chin and I felt it start bleeding. He put me down and pushed me away.

"Come at me again."

I nodded and Four emerged from the trees, out of breath.

I waved to him then got back down to business.

I suddenly remembered something a higher level instructor once taught me and I pushed all of my Whue to my skin. It condensed so that it fit and I ran toward him for another frontal attack.

"I told you to be careful when attacking me, Sage." Soren said

Then I hit him. He stuck his knife out at me but it just bounced of my Whue-filled skin. A look of shock passed over his face as my knife sliced a cut on his elbow. I jumped back as the first drop of blood spilled on the grass.

I smirked.             

"S-Sage! Where did you learn to do that?" he asked me

"I learned from an instructor at the university. Why? Do you want to know it too?"

"No. I already know it but only people with incredibly high levels of Whue and stamina should be able to do that. It's a forbidden technique that was hidden away when I was your age."

"Well, that wasn't very long ago, was it? Maybe ten years?"

"Yeah, but no one has used it since. It uses up all of the user's Whue and could possibly put them into a comatose."

"Oh. Well I guess he forgot to mention that to me. Huh. I'm going to have to go talk to him later."

"I'd like to come with you when you do that so tell me when you do."

"Alright."            

Four helped Kade and Cye get over here. They were panting hard still.

"Wow you guys aren't really in shape, are you? You know that if you use your Whue and force it through your feet, it will make you run faster, right?"

"Why- no... we didn't know... that." Kade said between breaths.

"Oh well I guess you learn something new every day." I started to feel dizzy. "Huh. If I could see I think the world would be spinning. W-whoa!" I fell down in the grass. "Huh. Maybe I should go to the hospital. I don't feel very good."

I tried to stand up but crumpled back down in the grass.

"Here let us help you. You have either lost too much blood or used too much energy. Kade, help me lift her up." Soren said

They helped me to stand and I leaned on them as we walked through town. People cleared the way for us and I heard them talking about us in hushed tones. Yeah, as if we couldn't hear them.

I guess we eventually made it to the hospital and they rushed me into an emergency room. They hooked me up to a bunch of wires even though I told them I was fine.

They eventually let me out of the hospital, convinced that I had just been a little nauseous after using that much power and after they had checked the cut on my shoulder.

As we were walking through town, Soren asked who it was that had taught me that move.

"I think it was some guy named Lucien Forte or something."

He stopped and looked at me. "Sage that isn't possible."

"Why not?"

"Lucien Forte was my step brother. He's been missing since I was your age."

Bum bum buuuuuummmmm. 

-Emily