Chapter 26

Lucas

We had a fun time wondering around the zoo, the three of us. Ally was loving seeing all the animals, Kirsten was loving watching Ally get excited over everything, and I was loving seeing my girls happy. All in all, great day. What could possibly go wrong, right?

“Potty break!” Kirsten said as we walked by some bathrooms. “You need to go Ally?”

Ally nodded and I stepped back. “This one’s all yours Kirsten.”

Kirsten smiled and took Ally’s hand, leading her into the bathrooms. “Don’t worry, I’ve got this.”

“I’ll just be waiting here for you,” I called after them.

I had been standing there, watching the lion exhibit across the path while I waited. One of the zoo workers had just come out and tossed some meat into the enclosure with the lions, or lionesses I guess. The lion was on the other side, with a wall between their enclosures. Feeding time.

I heard a sickly laugh and turned to see Angel standing a few feet away, watching the lions fight over some meat. Oh how ironic.

I tried to move away, but it didn’t do me much good; Angel had already seen me. She spun around and marched over to me.

“Hello love.”

I narrowed my eyes, immediately in a bad mood. “Don’t call me that.”

She giggled. “Still upset with me? I would of called you earlier but I thought I’d give you time to cool off after our little spat.”

“So you chose to stalk me here instead?” I raised an eyebrow.

She grinned. “Stalk is a strong word.”

“Yeah, meant for insane people like you.”

“I’m not insane,” she said in a baby voice with a fake hurt look on her face.

“Angel, if you look up the word insane in the dictionary, it has a picture of you beside it. You’re practically certifiable!”

“And you’re not?” she asked with a venomous grin. “You should just give up on the preppy girl now Luky. Even if you did manage to get her back, you’d just screw up her life with your own screwed up life.”

“Reality check sweetheart,” I leaned closer as I loudly whispered the next part, “I’m not the crazy one, you are.” I leaned back and smirked. “How many medications are you on now?”

She narrowed her eyes. “Three, but that’s not the point.”

“Then what is the point!?”

“That I’m supposed to be with you, not that preppy bitch!”

I swear she yelled so loud that everyone in the zoo could hear her, even the lions stopped eating to turn and stare at her. She looked around then straightened up, composing herself.

“Yeah Angel, you’re not crazy,” I said sarcastically.

“Just crazy about you,” she grinned.

“That has to be the cheesiest, stupidest line I’ve-“

“It’s not a line Lucas,” she said quickly, obviously getting frustrated. “Come on, just give in and be with me. It’s where you belong, everyone knows it.”

“Everyone being who?” I asked. “The people at school?”

She nodded. “Well, yeah.”

I laughed. “Who cares what people at school think, seriously? They don’t know me, they don’t know who I am, they don’t even matter. They’re just a bunch of high school idiots who have nothing better to do than gossip.”