Chapter 23

Kirsten

I looked all over for Lucas before school but couldn’t find him anywhere, and I really wanted to talk to him. Some crazy rumor had been spreading around that morning about Lucas having a kid with Angel.

It sounded beyond crazy to me for many reasons. First off, the rumor that Angel was a slut, which everyone had been using as proof to back up the new one, had been started by me so I knew it wasn’t real. Secondly, it didn’t make sense that Angel had been pregnant and had a kid, people would of known about that before since she did used to go to school here, nothing added up. And last, Lucas would of told me if he had a kid, right?

Still, it’d all make sense if you put it together with the first rumor; Lucas wanting to make Angel jealous. If they did have a kid and he took it from Angel, it’d make sense that he’d start dating someone to make her even more upset.

I shook my head, I couldn’t keep jumping to conclusions like this. It’s like what Dawn said the other day; my mind will come up with something a lot worse than the truth. I just needed to go talk to Lucas and see for myself.

Only problem was I couldn’t find him, and today was my day to eat lunch with the populars. I had to wait until art class to talk to him, and by then I was going crazy wondering.

I waited for class to start so there’d be background noise and maybe people wouldn’t hear us. “Lucas?”

He sighed. “It’s not true.”

That was quick; was it because it really wasn’t true or was he being defensive? “Really?” I asked, “because it makes that first rumor make sense.”

“Kirsten,” he turned to look at me, “I do not have a kid, alright? And I especially don’t have Angel’s kid. Have some faith in me.” He reached over and took my hand. “It’s just another stupid rumor, alright?” I nodded.

We both jumped as Mrs. A cleared her throat behind us and quickly let each other’s hand go, looking back to our work.

“This is class time you two, socialize on your own time.”

“Yes Mrs. A,” we said in unison.

The rest of the period was pretty quiet and as the bell rang I turned to Lucas. “I think we really need to work on my project, can I come over tonight?”

He nodded then pulled out a piece of paper, writing something down. “Yeah, but I moved out, so here’s my new address.”

I smiled, taking the paper. “Well good for you. I have some other stuff to do first so is 8 too late?”

He shook his head. “Nope, see you then.”

I smiled and quickly kissed his cheek before racing off to class.

Lucas

So it hadn’t really occurred to me that Kirsten coming over would mean she’d meet Ally, and I started to get a little nervous until I remembered that 8 was Ally’s bedtime. Well there you go, problem solved.

As Ally got ready for bed, I walked around the house and cleaned everything up, like I always did, putting all her toys back in her room. She was even ready to sleep and crawling into bed a few minutes early.

I tucked her in and told her a quick story. As soon as she fell asleep, I slipped out of the room and quietly closed her door. It wasn’t three minutes later that I heard a knock at the front door.

“Right on time,” I said as I let Kirsten in.

“Ooooo,” she glanced around, “Not horrible,” She plopped on the couch, setting down her bag. “No offense but being loaded and all, couldn’t you of gotten a better place?”