Chapter 16

Kirsten

I took a deep breath as Lucas opened the door and walked in. “Welcome to the weirdo’s version of a party.”

I stepped inside and looked around. This was so different from Josh’s party yesterday. Looking around, you could actually see the rooms; they weren’t packed full of people. There actually didn’t seem to be very many people and they were scattered all through the house.

As we walked in, I saw several people gathered in the living room, standing against the wall, sitting on the floor and coffee table, and some sprawled across the furniture, all talking and listening to music. But unlike at Josh’s party, the music wasn’t blaring through the speakers. It was still kinda loud, but you could actually talk over it.

“Hey Greyson,” Lucas said, nodding to an emo guy that was stretched across the couch. “Seth here?”

“Hey!” He said, throwing up a hand but still looking the other way. “It’s been forever since you’ve actually talked to me, I can’t believe you came! You don’t happen to have a lighter do you?”

Greyson turned to look at Lucas and froze when he saw me. Lucas reached in his pocket and pulled out a lighter, tossing it to Greyson. “And that is why I don’t talk to you,” Lucas grinned, “Because you always want something.”

Greyson smirked, catching the lighter and sitting up. “Yeah, don’t look now, but I think something followed you in.” 

Lucas glanced back then put an arm around me. “I brought a friend, didn’t think you’d mind.”

“Well you know this party is only for sophisticated people,” Greyson said, sitting up straight and trying to act proper, making fun of me. The other guys around him did the same, grinning to me.

I was about to turn around and leave when Lucas walked over to some guy with red and black hair who was sitting up on the back of the couch, and pushed him over, making him fall to the ground. “If it’s so sophisticated then how’d Jay get in?” Lucas asked with a smirk.

I tensed, waiting for a fight to break out, but instead the whole room laughed, even Jay, the guy who fell. Greyson leaned over and raised an eyebrow at Jay, waiting for an answer.

Jay sat up, rubbing his head. “I climbed in through a window,” he said jokingly with a grin, “You’d think they’d learn to lock ‘em by now.”

Jay sat back down on the couch but Greyson just pushed him back off with his foot. “No kidding!” He turned to look at us. “I came home last night and the twerp was crashed on my couch! Apparently the window over there was open so he took it as an invitation to come on in.”

Jay smirked chunking a shoe at Greyson, then sat in a chair. “I swear I thought it was my house.”

Now even I had to laugh at that. “Where you that drunk?” I asked.

They all turned to look at me and I suddenly wished I hadn’t said anything, thinking they were all about to start making fun of me again. But no, instead Jay laughed and nodded. “Something like that.”

“Next time you should wear a collar,” I said, figuring I might as well, I was on a roll here! “Then when people find you wondering around they’ll know where to dump you and you won’t end up on someone else’s couch.”

Greyson laughed then nodded in my direction. “You’re not half bad, for a prep.”

“Is it that obvious?” I asked.

“Totally.” I turned around to see a girl with long black ‘emo’ style hair. “Your hair and bright lip gloss give it away.”

Lucas smiled to me as the girl sat down on the couch, sitting on Greyson’s legs. “That’s Brooke, Greyson’s girlfriend.”