- C h a p t e r 8 -

Hey Rom-Cubs,

A thorn by any other name would be the indignant Niccolo Casimiro and Dari will soon learn that. A rose by any other name will be the sweet Adaramola John.

Here's the eighth installation.

ENJOY!!! XD

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Stay AWESOMMEEEE guys!!!!

Thanks for all your support. XD

xoxoxoxoxo.

- Ang

-------

Niccolo's Chocolate House

Chapter 8

*Nick*

PART TWO ...

God, why did I find her so attractive? 

Why did I fall victim to her beauty and innocence

This was her fault. It was clear that I was under her spell. 

I could never speak of such an occurrence in all my years. I shouldn't be kissing her--holding her like this--and yet the more I tried to pull away, the more I was sucked in. Besides her radiance, she tasted better than the finest Chocolates I'd ever known, and it drew me in, more than I cared to admit. It wasn't surprising that I wanted to go beyond the professional strata with her ... the line we shouldn't cross. 

Then again, what man wouldn't? She was a goddess.

Suddenly, Adaramola pulled away, much to my disappointment, bringing our heated moment to an abrupt end. As she reclaimed her stolen breath, a look formed in her eyes. One I couldn't quite fix. 

Tears formed in her eyes and one escaped, catching me off guard. Instinctively, I reached out wiping it away. It was evident that my wits had evaded me. For one, I had all but forgotten where we were in the tremendous heat of the moment. She stepped away, almost as though my touch had scolded her. I was confused.

"Scusami," Gosh, I couldn't believe that I'd done that and I didn't have the decency to do it in private. Even so, why should I assume that Adaramola would be fond of me after I'd mistreated her many times in the past? "I don't know what came over me. I don't usually act this way."

"Niccolo," The way she said my name made my heart palpitate in my chest. I held her gaze and by then, I could tell something was wrong. "I only came on this date as a favour to your sister. There can be nothing between us. You are my superior ... my boss. That and I'm in love with another man."

She spoke so faintly that I almost wasn't able to detect what she'd said. However, her last words I'd hear as clear as day my blood boiling because of it. In love ... with another MAN? I didn't take too kindly to others taking me for a fool, and she was no exception. Even as tears streamed down her face and I felt the urge to wipe them away, I resisted. The woman had damn near rejected me. In fact, that was exactly what she'd done and in public. That was the worst bruise of all for my ego.

I gently took hold of her arm, despite the surge of anger, and though it caused a tingling sensation to form within my chest, I ignored it. Backtracking to my car, I guided her in tow before opening the door for her and closing it once she was seated. I came around to my side, taking the seat beside her. Gripping the steering wheel, my hands turned pale as I stared straight ahead. I heard her sob beside me and though my heart cringed at the sound, I paid it no mind.