- C h a p t e r 5 -

Hey Rom-Cubs,

Ok so ...

Here's the fifth installation.

Please ENJOY XD

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Happy reading! XD

- Ang

-------

Niccolo's Chocolate House

Chapter 5

*Dari*

"Please, Nick will make it worth your while!" Krysta suggested, prompting me to glance at her brother, who was now casting a glare in her direction. 

Was his sister insane? How could she ask that of me, of anyone, for that matter? Didn't she know her own brother?

Krysta seemed like such a sweetheart in contrast to her brother. She seemed to be of pure innocence, candour and had the gracefulness of a swan. She appeared to be younger than I was, though, in my opinion, she was mature for her age. 

However, what she was asking of me warped my idea of her a bit. Was this something a sweetheart would do? I think not. For all intents and purposes, I might very well be stepping into my grave.

Besides, I had no spare time on my hands. Between taking care of my papa and working shifts, I only had time to sleep. Tionne said many times, she would take care of Papa if she didn't have a family depending on her as well. Unlike me, she had several siblings and family members whom I'd never actually met, except for her mother. The task was left to her to take care of them. It was a long story.

Anyway, even if I could have taken him out, I wouldn't. If he was so cold at work, there was no telling what lied beyond his exterior. No, I definitely won't subject myself to that.

"No ... Nick won't!" Mr. Casimiro said, bringing me back to reality. 

What on earth was the matter with him? 

"All you women are the same. Self-serving, good-for-nothing, careless. A waste of honest time and resources. You care about no one but yourselves."

His eyes met mine in biting anger. The likes that could scare a fierce wolf into hiding. That hurt so much, though I could not understand why. Maybe, it was his words. Somehow he knew the right words to hit all my nerves. 

How dare he judge me? He didn't know one strand of hair on my body.

I couldn't stand to look at him. Especially, after what he'd just said, the weight of his words and the way it struck everything within me. I briskly made my way to the door before I could burst into tears. Luckily, no one ever came this way, giving me the opportunity to cry my eyes out.

I moved along the hallway before I realized that I was lost. Who knew a restaurant could be a labyrinth? I had to find some way out of here and quick. I couldn't stand either my boss or his sister catching me on the act of weeping. That would just add fuel to fire. I didn't want them to hear my cries.

I turned left along the hall ducking in the first door that greeted me. By God's grace, it was a bathroom, just what I needed to regain composure of myself.

I studied my reflection for a bit boring my tear-stained cheeks and puffy eyes. Why was I even crying? I knew what he assumed of me couldn't be further from the truth. I cared about a lot of things: the most important being my father. I care about every breathe he took which I was so much more grateful for every day, every minute, every hour.