17. Im a monster

The next morning we get up at 5:00 and are dressed and ready in the pavilion.

We all wear tank tops and black fitted pants. We have our weapons of choice strapped to us. I have my swords in an x in my back and 4 knives concealed and one on my waist for training.

I lead them all out to the pavilion and we sit at our table to eat. Since I'm no longer concerned about my identity i eat blue food. A few people try to come and talk to me but one of the army either tells them to get lost or glares at them. I really don't mind I don't want to talk to them. Right after we're done here I'm not staying another minute. I finish eating along with the rest of the army and go talk to Chiron at the big house. He standing there playing pinochle with Dionysus and when he sees me all he'd says is, "I heard you were back."

"And I heard you haven't changed about since I left." I retort and look at Chiron.

"My team will each be working in different combative strategies." We want the campers to switch stations ever thought until we have all taught each group." I say.

"I have paired up the cabins in teams here is  the list. I want them all in the arena and ready at 7:00 you got an hour."   I then storm off leaving him with the paper.

I take off to the arena to warm up. I calm my mind and let's my energy take hold and went in to battle mode. I sliced all there dummies to smithereens and decapitated all there fake men in less than 30 seconds.

I clean my blade and breathe a bit when I feel a presence behind me. I turn around to see Poseidon standing there in shock.

"So you finally came back."

"I'm not back. I'm here to save your sorry asses again then I'm leaving." I say angrily

He stays quiet for moment. "You should visit your mother. She's been worried and upset for a long tom you owe her a visit."

"I don't owe her anything or you or anyone!" I yell

He looks down.

"I know you all feel terrible and sorry and all that macho crap but none of you felt what I felt then! None of you stood up for me!" I shouted

"All you do was watch everyday as my flaw teared me apart. I know have a burden and curse upon me that will never leave! I now won't ever be able to love anymore because  of it!"

"What do you mean a curse?"he spoke deadly quite

"Oh so Apollo hasn't told you has he? I'm cursed from my flaw."
X
"But your flaw is good-"

"It can be good but also dangerous. I have so much power in this body that one day I will blow up. I bathed in river chaos to extend my life a few years but it's almost up. Even now I can feel my blood turn to lead and my bones to jelly. I'm losing hold on my body and when I do I will be a monster."

I pause, "I will become the galaxy's most feared force and no one can stop it."

He looks at me with fear evident in his eyes and shattered beyond repair. He looked at me and teleported away. I sunk to te ground and put my head between my knees.

I'm a monster, and no one can change that. I think as I feel a little bit of my body peel away and turn to darkness.

They sayings are right the demons do hide in us and if we're not careful we will become one. A demon. A monster.