pansy

It's been a week since the first day back at Hogwarts. And everything was really weird. A voice interrupts my thoughts. "Lux have you seen my quidditch shirt I can't fi--" "it's over there behind the couch" I say not looking up at George Weasley in the common room. He's always misplacing his stuff. "Oh thanks.... Hey you should come to the practice with us. All these years and you've never tried to talk to us. Come on. It'll be fun." I hesitated. People. But he looked at me with pleading eyes I couldn't say no. "Alright I guess..." I said slowly. "REALLY?? Yes! Come on then!" "WAIT GEORGE I look like a mess!" I said nervously. "No you don't you look beautiful! Lets just go!" I could feel myself blush. I guess it's whatever. Why do I care what other people think anyway??

Once basically all of the 5th year Gryffindors arrive to watch the practice, they start. I see the snitch fly off into the air and Harry goes flying after it. He's a really good flyer, I think. I see Ron in the air, struggling. I hear a roar of laughter on the other side if the bleachers. I turn around to see and it's the Slytherins. They're laughing at Ron. "Hey Weasel, what's that your riding?? Your grandpas old broom??" I hear Malfoy shout and the rest of the Sytherins screaming with laughter. Then I notice Malfoy's arm around Pansy Parkinson. I feel something in my chest and I jump off the bleachers and head over there. "Do you know how stupid you sound? Do you realise all you truly want is attention from your subjects and whore?" "Ooooh is the mudblood standing up for her stupid boyfriend?" I hear Pansy say. "Oh shut up Pansy." I say back. She aims to punch me but I grab her arm, twist it, then push her in the floor. She had no upper body strength but I guess wizards usually never need it. She takes out her wand "Stupefy!!" "Ennervate!!" I counter the spell. "Expelliarmus!" Her wand shoots out of her hand. "Next time, try to challenge an opponent who you can actually outwit, Pansy. It might be hard to find one, but still try." I turn to Malfoy. He has a shocked look on his face. It's not until then that I realize they stopped the practice and the whole Gryffindor team was behind me. "It's nice to know you can't fight your own battles, Malfoy" his face stiffens with anger and opens his mouth to say something but Ron beat him to it. "Let's go Lux." He says grabbing my arm. Then I turn around walking with the rest of the group. I can hear Pansy shrieking with anger. And it felt good.

As soon as we get to the common room, Ron speaks up. "Uh thanks Lux... For uh sticking up for me. You didn't have to." He says while blushing and rubbing his neck. "No problem, Ron." I said with a small smile. "You were fantastic with beating Pansy!" I hear Fred and George say at the same time. "It was impressive. I'm glad you didn't get caught" Hermione said with a smile. After everyone was done congratulating me, Harry asks me to join him in the hall way. "Is there something wrong Harry?" "No but I would advise you to stay away from Malfoy. He's dangerous. His father is a death eater." my eyes widen with shock as I hear this... Malfoy's dad is a death eater? Of course I should have known. "We weren't close anyway. But thanks for the warning, Harry." I say then ask I'm turning around, Harry grabs my arm and pulls me into a hug. What's he doing?? "Thanks for sticking up for Ron." He says, exhaling. I feel my self blush. And I pull away. "It wasn't a problem." As we're walking back in I feel really awkward. Why did Harry hug me? Do friends usually do that? it was probably because I defended his best friend. Not anything special. Right?