XI. Confrontations

Wednesday, 09th May. Day 9.

I wouldn't let anything spoil my day today. Nothing and no one. I've gone through pissing and puking in front of someone to getting poisoned by another someone to getting screwed up by the first someone (which, I have to admit, as much as I hate it, I did enjoy). But for today and the next 22 days, I would not let anyone else screw anything up for me.

That was my resolution when I woke up. And it was strong. By God was it strong... until Ezra read today's newspaper and ate me alive.

"What the hell is this?"

"What?" I asked, as I chewed my eggs lazily.

"Tell me this is photoshoped." He said and showed me the paper. I saw the picture and almost barfed out my Eggs Benedict.

"It's not?" I squeaked and let out some nervous giggles. "I knew I didn't dream those reporters!"

"You kissed him." He stood up, looking bloody mad, might I add.

"Well, he kissed me..." I trailed off and stood up too. For every step Ezra took towards me, I took one back until we had the length of the dining table between us.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him." Now, if dragons existed, they would definitely look like Ezra in that moment.

"Kinda hard to do when you are sick and he is in the same room as you."

"I'm having a hard time believing you even want to stay away from him." He slowly inched his way around the table and even an idiot would know the chain isn't long enough to go from one end of the table to the other.

"I do." I state firmly but it had no effect on him. Jesus, where's my phone? Hell, if David was telepathic, he would have probably heard my screams for a timeout by now. But then I remembered Ezra used it bright and early before the sun even rose. Fuck, I'm screwed and not even in that way.

"Let me list it all down for you to remember then." He said and took another step. "One, your lunch with him in the diner."

"We didn't-"

"Don't interrupt me when I'm speaking, Clara." He growled and continued. "Two, the footsie under the table yesterday afternoon." He took another step.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were jealous." I laughed nervously to try and ease the tension but hell if it did that.

"Three, you fell on him." One more step.

"Sally tripped me." I added.

"Four, a fucking kiss when I was out!" He screamed and that was when he pounced on me. I cried a good one that could have earned me a role in a horror film and ran, which, wasn't really effective since all Ezra had to do was yank on the chain and pull me back. The house staff came to see what the commotion was about but then quickly ran away when they caught sight of Ezra's fuming features. As for me, well, I didn't have that privilege since I was stuck between the sturdy dining table and Lucifer himself. Looks like I might just be lunch. God, help me. Please.

"In my defense, I didn't initiate-"

"Shut up, Clara." He shouted and I immediately zipped my mouth. "What don't you get by stay away from him? Or is it that you two are already..."

"No!" I blurted out and made a disgusted face. "I'm asking you this once again, why do you always think that?"

"I saw-"

"You believe the papers?" I cut in.

"I don't believe articles. I believe pictures that haven't been photoshopped!"