III. Day 1 With The Devil

Side Note: Picture above is of Chace Crawford who plays Jeremiah Copper in the story.

____________________________________

Monday, 11:55pm. 30th April.

"This is... completely stupid. I'm having second thoughts." I said as I stared at the handcuffs though they have a longer chain than the usual police issued ones. A slit of glass was in the middle of each. As it turned out, Marvin thought about this plan in particularly unsettling detail. The cuffs were activated through an external source and they even counted down the one hour timeout when taken.

"I thought you worshipped my dad." Ezra said with a hint of a smile on his face that just made me glare at him.

"Shut up."

"Alright, let's get these tethers on." Clive Owen's friend said and I looked at the ring of plastic with a horrified expression.

"It won't kill you," Ezra scoffed and I huffed out a breath in agitation.

"It will tie me to the Devil, that's murder enough." I replied and it was then his turn to be annoyed.

Clive's techie friend put the tethers on Ezra and mine's left ankles and it felt like a foreign weight. I turned my leg however I could and stared at the foreign material until I got used to it. Not so surprisingly, I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

"Feels like a house arrest... Devil included." I looked over to Ezra when I mentioned and stressed on the word 'devil'. He narrowed his eyes at me and I quickly looked the other way.

"And now for the handcuffs." The techie said in excitement and held it in the air for some dramatic effect he was trying to achieve. I could almost envision a beam of light from the heavens and angels singing in the background. Wait... what the hell am I thinking? I must already be going mad and I haven't even been cuffed yet.

"Oh, I'm left-handed." I said when he tried to put it on my dominant hand. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Just one person out of the 10%" I shrugged and he put the cuff on my right hand. Gosh, the metal was so cold and weird and I wanted out! Why Marvin? Why me? Couldn't you find some bimbo who'd treat Ezra like the King of the World?

The other cuff landed around Ezra's left hand and the only thing tying it all together was the chain in between us.

"12am, perfect." Clive checked his watch. "Well, good night Mr. Copper, miss Penn." He shook our hands and a maid helped him and his friend out of the house. I raised my hand to study the metal in detail. A simple yet strong silver chain that might just be the death of me.

"I have a meeting tomorrow; I suggest we go to sleep." Ezra said.

"Screw you." I turned to face away from him.

"You don't have to be such a drama queen."

"Mainly acting like all your other whores, Ezra." Out of nowhere and with no warning, he yanked on the chain and I stumbled backwards, the metal cutting into my skin.

"The women I've been with love to be with me, Clara, and they act nothing like you." He looked down at me with an angry expression. "Now can I just get some sleep?" We turned at the same time and when he moved right, I moved left, only to get pulled back together because of the chain.

"Ugh!" I cried out in frustration.

"Chill, Cookie. We don't want your head exploding now do we?" He pushed back my hair from my face in what would normally seem like a sweet gesture. But everything that ever had to do with Ezra Copper was cold and insulting. We ended up climbing from the base of the bed and somehow managed to get under the sheets.