And I'll Set You Free

"Are you sure about this, Alex? I mean, we could've stayed." Juliet was trying not to laugh as she sat on the passenger seat. 

"Did you see those guys faces?!" I glanced at her. "Even YOU"RE trying not to laugh!" 

Juliet laughed out loud. "Okay, I admit, that WAS necessary. But seriously, you didn't need to do that. I could defend myself." 

"Hey, I don't want anyone disrespecting you like that." I reached across and held her hand. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Juliet said.

"No, I love you more." I squeezed her hand. 

"Now you're just getting cheesy." I could hear her laugh. I made a face. We ended at a stoplight and I turned to Juliet. "I'm really lucky, you know that?" 

"Really now?" Juliet smiled before leaning in to me. I felt her soft lips on mine. "You wanna come over tonight?" 

"I wish. But I have a shitload of homework to do." I said before kissing her again.

She pulled away. "Good. You should really focus on that. Two more years and you'll finally get your master's-"

"I was totally kidding about homework." I tried to kiss her again but she moved back. 

"Alex, I'm serious. Isn't this what your parents want you to do?" She asked. 

I sighed. "Yeah, but it's not what I wanted to do in life. I wanna be an artist, Juliet. Just like my brother."

Instead of protesting about my future, she just smiled. "I wish I could've met your brother. He seems like a pretty amazing guy. Just like that one other Gaskarth that I know of."

I laughed. "He would've like you. I wish he was still alive." Juliet leaned her head on my shoulder. "Promise you'll never leave, Juliet."

She held my hand. "I promise."

"Good. 'Cause I can't afford to lose you too."

The light finally turned green and I drove off. The intersection seemed empty since it was like 12 at midnight. As I was driving, I saw a flash of light coming from my right. "Alex!" I heard Juliet yell. Then everything went absolutely blank. 

I woke up with the worst headache yet. I could distant voices, but I knew they were close to me. Beeping noises and white coats, I was obviously in a hospital. I've been here enough times to realize that. "He''s awake!" I heard a familiar voice say. I had my bet on Rian. "I'm gonna call the doctor."

"Alex? Alex, can you hear me?" 

"Of course he can hear you, Jack. He had an attack, not lose his hearing." That one I can tell was Zack. 

When my mind finally settled, I tried to sit up slowly. Jack and Zack walked up to my bed. "Wh-what happened?" 

Jack and Zack looked at each other. "Uhh... You had one of your panic attacks again," Jack said. "You were at some dude's house when it happened." Jonathan! I was at Jonathan's house.

"Yeah, he brought you here. He said he wanted to stay, but something came up," Zack said. 

"Was he a client or something?" Jack asked. 

It didn't take me that long to answer. "Yeah." I decided not to tell them yet. I will eventually, just not right now. 

"Dude, what happened anyway?" Jack asked.