But There's A Monster Standing Where You Should Be

"I haven't seen you in awhile! Come in!" Jonathan led me in his house, or should I say mansion. The interior was way bigger than how it looked outside. Not like from outside wasn't big enough. We sat on the oversized stuffed couches. "What brought you here? After the accident, we lost contact."

I smiled. It's good that he remembers me, but sadly I don't. I have no clue how this man is. "Umm... Jonathan. Exactly, how did we lose contact of each other?" 

Jonathan just looked at me, confused. "I don't really know. You just disappeared right after. Some friends said that you moved out of the state or country."

So he didn't know that I was in a coma? "I moved to Baltimore with my parents for awhile."

"Yeah! I wasn't sure if you were okay or what, especially after-"

"I was in a coma." I blurted. Jonathan's face fell. "Yeah. That's why I don't remember anything in that particular time. That's why I came here."

"I'm sorry, man." Jonathan sighed. "The night of the accident was just... Terrible. I still had nightmares about it. I remembered finding out about it. I was still in college and..." He stopped, obviously not planning to continue. 

And that's what pissed me off. I hated how everybody knew except for me. I hated how everyone seemed to hide it from me. What could be that bad that they don't want to tell? I didn't want to push Jonathan but I had to get some answers before I leave his house. There were about five awkward seconds when I decided to speak. "Uhh... The real reason why I actually came here was for this." I pulled out the cover from the painting and showed it to Jonathan. I heard him gasp before getting up from his seat. 

"Alex, this is amazing! I didn't know you continued to paint 'til now." He extended his arm to hold it. 

But I thought he sent Juliet to get the painting done. Probably thought I was another Alex Gaskarth. "Yeah, I think it's exactly how you wanted it to be."

He was still staring at the painting. "Yeah. Yeah, I did. This is amazing. I wish she would've seen it."

How I wish Juliet did see it, but she already left. "Too bad, she's gone." 

He nodded. "I wish she would come back." 

I did wish too. I wanted to spend more time with her. But I felt that she was pushing me away. "I miss her." I mumbled. 

Jonathan looked up and smiled at me. "Before the accident, you two were the happiest couple alive, I swear to God." He started laughing. "You two were inseperable."

I smiled back. I wonder how that felt like. "But now, she doesn't seem to want to go back to the past. I mean, I still love her, I admitted that to her before she left to New York yesterday." 

Jonathan turned silent. "Excuse me?" 

"I mean, she was supposed to give you that painting that she said you asked for, but she was leaving. So I dropped it off myself." 

Jonathan looked even more confused than ever. Like I'm talking in another language. "Wait, whoa, what?" 

Now I was confused. "Didn't you asked for that painting?" Jonathan shook his head slowly. "But, Juliet said..." Did she lie to me? How can she have the audacity to? 

"Juliet said? How even?" Jonathan asked, but I can tell a hint of anger and worry in his voice.

"Uhh... She came by my house? She said you wanted... That!" I motioned to the painting. Even I was getting mad. I had absolutely no clue what the hell was going on. "Was she lying to me? What is it that she kept on hiding from me? She can't answer me right!" I exclaimed. I didn't mean to yell at him, but I was tired of the excuses.

Jonathan sat on the couch, this time it was only worry in his voice and his eyes. "Alex, Juliet's gone."

"Yeah, I know. She left to-"

He shook his head. "She's dead, Alex. She died in the car crash."