Until You Got Sick Of Me

Juliet pulled her hand away. "Oh, Alex, you need to move on."

There were a lot of things going on in my head when she said those words. I was so confused and mad to the point that I wanted to get up and flip a table. "Why do you keep avoiding the past? Why do you want ME to avoid the past?" I demanded an answer.

But all Juliet did was shake her head. "It's better off this way. I don't want you to get hurt." This time, I was beyond confused. I couldn't process anything right. Nothing made sense. Nothing will ever make sense if she doesn't tell me anything.

"Juliet,"

"I have to go. My flight's tomorrow and I have to pack." Juliet got up from the table. "Goodbye, Alex."

That night I woke up from a dream, or should I say nightmare, that I had. My breathing was fast paced and I was sweating real bad. I ran to the bathroom and washed my face. I couldn't remember what happened except the flash of light that almost blinded me. Alex, what's going on? The thing is, I don't know what the fuck's going on anymore. But I needed Juliet. There's something obviously she didn't want me to know, but I'm going to find out. I tried to bring myself to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. The entire night I stared at the ceiling while my anxieties came to haunt me.

I was startled when my phone rang. 7:00 a.m. Already? I didn't even notice that daylight came. I got up from my bed and saw the way I looked. Fuck. I had absolutely no sleep last night. I also almost had a panic attack, but thank God I still had the pills.

Breakfast consisting of the usual bowl of cereal, a quick shower, sweatpants and a shirt, it was the routine of the entire morning. Then I remembered, I had to call Juliet's brother to pick up the painting. To be honest, I didn't forget. I just didn't want to let go off that one thing that reminded me off her. Let her go, Alex. But how can I? I suddenly realized that Juliet didn't give me any info on how to contact her brother. Great. I went online and Googled her brother's name. If he's pretty rich with a very successful company, then it shouldn't be hard to find him. One click to his name and there it was. I immediately dialed his number. No answer. I re-dialed. Nothing. I tried calling for the fifth time and still, no one seemed to answer. I was starting to get suspicious to whether or not Juliet was lying to me. I shook the thought away and looked for his address instead. Bingo. He lived in the next city. Maybe now someone can tell me what the fuck's going on. 

It wasn't that long of a ride. Maybe an hour. Two hours? I lost track of time as sunset came. Then finally, I saw the only two-story house that look like the Caesar's Palace. I stood at the front step and rang the doorbell. I wasn't completely sure if I was at the right house or not. I guess I'll have to find out. I waited for about ten seconds when a man opened the door wide. "Alex?" The man's eyes went wide. 

"Jonathan?" I guess I was at right house after all.