What Momma Don't Know (Chapter 13)

Chapter 13

"We've had absolutely no luck on Jessica's case. It's a shame. There just seems to be nothing there. Now i'm not saying that i will stop my search for answers; i'm saying it's been extremely difficult. Her drug dealers know nothing, pimp knows nothing, prostitute friends know nothing, family doesn't even care. I don't know where to go from here, with nothing on my hands. I found a secret apartment of hers though. I guess sometimes she used her drugs there. I found nothing. Just a few picture frames with picture of you two in it."

"Us together?"

"No. Separate ones."

"What does that mean?"

"She loved you both."

"That's good."

"Ryan?"

"Yes?"

"You look a little pale. Are you alright?"

"I don't know. The thought of that woman loving me. It sort of makes me sick. She treated me so badly. She treated me like trash. No one loves trash."

"I love you, dear."

"You don't treat me like trash though."

"But still. That was the past."

"Back to the meat. I just don't know anymore. I have a couple other people that i can ask, but if that doesn't help i WILL have to permanently close her case. I just thought i'd come and tell you."

"If you close it, will anyone ever try to open it again."

"They'd have no way of finding answers."

"Hopefully you're leads will help."

"Yeah. If the killers still know who they are, then they'll be dead in the matter of this week. If you see pictures of these two in the newspaper and you think i haven't seen it. Call me."

"Of course."

"Well it's about high-time i left."

"Well, find your way home safely."

"Will do. I loved dinner, and the kids. Gorgeous. You two, don't let this keep you up late. Get some good rest."

"Thank you."

"Goodnight."

"See you if i get anything new."

We walked him to the door, and Ryan ran to pour himself some wine. I looked at the pictures thoroughly. I'd have to kill them. I'd have to kill them soon. I didn't want anyone snooping around in Jessica's case anymore. I had to kill just two more people and that would be it. I would be able to continue on with my life. I had to. I just had to kill them.