What Momma Don't Know (Chapter 8)

Chapter 8

I looked brightly at Ryan and Brailey. Brai looked so gorgeous next to his father. I rubbed at my stomach. 6 months pregnant. A girl. Ryan and I had moved out of both of our houses, and moved into a nice little one level ranch-style home. There was a gorgeous island in the kitchen, black marble counters, and dark cherry-wood cabinets. The master bedroom had a wall of complete windows, and the master bath consisted of a jacuzzi tub. 

Everything was nice. Everything was perfect. Brailey had a room to himself, and a play room. The family room had a gorgeous white marble fireplace. It was a delicious sight. 

I had't heard any news on the prostitute i'd killed 4 months ago. She really wasn't that important to not have shown up in the newspaper. It reassured me in a way. Not that much, just in a way. I wasn't sick or crazy, i just made sure things went the way they were supposed to. Life is too complicated for some people, but not for me. I have it good. i make sure it goes my way. Everything is great.

"Hey beautiful, why do you keep staring?"

"I don't know, my son and my husband look so much alike. It's really a surprise. I mean... Like father, like son..."

"What do you mean by, like father like son?"

"I'm trying to tell you that Brailey is yours."

"I knew that already."

"How?"

"He has my middle name. He has my eyes, my hair, my smile, and my personality. I'd have to be really slow to not have realized that."

"So you're not upset?"

"I was bummed out the first time i saw him because you promised me that you would tell me if i had gotten you pregnant. You promised me that you would tell me if i had a child. And you seemed to miss out on mentioning Brai. But i knew. I knew it as soon as i laid eyes on him. My child is gorgeous."

"I'm glad you're being understanding about it."

"I wonder if our daughter will look just like you."

"I wonder too. I hope not though, there's enough me to go around."

"How silly of you to mention it."

"What, you don't agree."

"Oh i do agree, very much. I'd love to have a mini you running around asking for me to pick her up. it would be a dream come true. And then when she got bigger she'd look just like you used to. I'd be able to reminisce about how beautiful you were. So adorable, so adorable."

"I suppose, if you say so. Do you want to go get me something to munch on?"

"Sure. Brai and i will get some Mickey D's. What do you want?"

"Chicken nuggets and fries. Then go ahead and get me a Frosty from Wendy's. Okay?"

"I'll be only thirty minutes okay, baby?"

"Okay, but hurry back."

"Bye Mommy. I go get you the stuff, and i go come and be home."

"Alright Brai."

"I love you, mommy."

"I love you too, baby."

I watched them walk down the driveway, and get into the car. Brai happily waved goodbye to me until i couldn't see him anymore. I went back into the house, locked the door, and sat down on the couch. The house was just a bit quieter than i wanted it to be. It reminded me of my childhood days when Jessica was 'working', and Momma was drinking. I had nothing to do. I sat a twidled my thumbs until it become so unbearable that i'd cry. And for some reason i did. Just thinking about it made tears stream down my face.

Sometimes i have to think about having to go back in time. It wouldn't be hard to decide what i'd do. I'd just do it all over again. I'd relive the joy. I'd relive the triumph. I'd feel the flamboyant fire burning in my chest ignite once again. Killing was something nice to do. It was like a hobby, that couldn't be done often. I loved it though. I loved my ways.