What Momma Don't Know (Chapter 10)

Chapter 10

I looked down at the bastard child i'd just birthed. She was a Jessica. Her eyes, her hair, her skin tone. How could i birth something as disgraceful as this child? Had i really been cursed for the murder of my sister? I didn't even hold the baby. I refused to. I heard that baby's cry, and saw that baby's face. I'd disown it if i didn't know that that would kill Ryan. I really would have thrown the baby out of the window. I was used to killing. Killing a baby may not have been that much of a difference.

Rosemary Alexus. The bastards name was Rosemary Alexus.

Ryan looked so bright, staring at his daughter, son by his side. It sickened me to see that it was SO identical with my dead sister.Comparing baby pictures would make a person think they were the same baby. How pathetic.

"Won't you hold her?"

"I refuse."

"Why baby?"

"That bastard doesn't anything like either of us. I don't want to look at her."

"Nicole. please don't talk about our daughter like that. I mean really."

"I don't care what it is that you want me to do. The bastards not mine."

"It is."

"They mixed my child up with someone else's."

"It hurts me to see you like this."

"Look at the baby, Ryan."

"She's gorgeous."

I saw in all over his face. He'd love this baby with a fiery passio because it looked like her. He'd keep that baby close to him, always on his hip. Thinking of her all the while. I wasn't stupid. His smile wasn't gentle, it was relieved. I looked at Brai who seemed to be marvelling at the sight of a baby. I motioned for him to climb onto the bed, and i cuddled up against him. I eyed the newborn. I'd never be able to love that child.

Not even for a minute.