Chapter 11

Lilly waved at the Capitol people that we passed, sending her charming smile everywhere. However as soon as people started chanting her name it became a smirk. She was playing the angle that Seph gave her really well. I start winking every now and then, smiling at all the ladies. Soon the chanting of Lilly and my names is all that you can hear.

We keep riding forward in the bright lights of the Capitol. The people scream our names. I keep the act up until we reach the end of the strip. There is a large loop at the end. All of the chariots stop in a formation in front of a small balcony. The president stands up and walks to the front, standing in front of a tall podium with the Capitol seal on it.

" Welcome tributes of the 65th hunger games. We all welcome you and we thanks you for your enormous sacrifice. "

The chariots pull forward again and I stare at the president. My hatred for one person couldn't be stronger. Lilly almost falls, the only thing keeping her upright is the tight grip she has on my hand. She smiles sheepishly, whispering in my ear.

" It's these damn heels, I can't walk in them "

She says while smiling. I laugh a little and smile at her again. The sun glitters and her dress sparkles looking even more like the water at home. I notice an eyelash that fall on her cheek and I wipe it off quickly, smiling at her.

" The Capitol people are soaking it up, they think that this is tragic, some of them are tearing up "

She smiles and laughs at me. The Capitol people are still chanting our names, some throw flowers at us. I catch one and blow a kiss in the general direction, even though I was only 14 some people blush. A young girl, maybe 13, faints and her mum, or friend catches her. I laugh and tell Lilly who giggles quietly.

The chariot pulls back in to the building and I can't see because of the sudden darkness. It was really bright out there. I take a minute to adjust to the lighting before releasing Lilly's hand and climbing out of the chariot. Lilly takes of the heels and grabs the hand I offer her, jumping out. Persephone runs up to us.

" That was great guys! I don't know what you were talking about but the Capitol loved all the whispering. "

We both nod before she continues.

" Now, most of the tributes use similar tactics or strategies to their mentors since their the ones teaching them. Obviously they don't fight the same, but strategies. So now, we're going to watch the mentors games. And no. You can't watch mine"