Chapter 2

I walked in to the market to trade the fish I had caught that day for some bread. The district 4 bread is so nice, with the seaweed and salty flavour. I had been there for a few minutes when the people around me began to murmur. I smiled to myself instantly knowing what it meant.

I spun around only to have my suspicions proved right. Persephone had entered and stood in the middle of everyone. She glared at them all making them all go silent as she made her way through the crowd. People eventually went back to what they were doing before, glancing at her everyone and then. Whenever she caught someone looking at her she just glared and they looked away ashamed.

Her eyes locked on to a brunette girl that looked her age and she picked her way throw the crowded markets to this girl. They hug and start talking. I continue what I was doing when the brunette looks at me with curiosity in her eyes. I lock my eyes on to her and smile. She just smiles and waves me over. As I get closer I can hear bits and pieces of their conversation.

" Yeah, I was screaming in the middle of a bush, of course he woke me up "

" Whatever you say, seph "

I finally reach the girls and smile at both of them. Persephone finally stops glaring and smiles warmly at me.

" Hi Finnick! How are you? "

She seems so nice, to me at least. I wonder why she's so closed off. Her friend starts giggling so then Persephone nudges her with her elbow and glares at her but soon starts laughing too. I simply raise my eyebrows at the duo.

" you two seem like quite the pair "

I say with a smirk. They both laugh and the brunette girl replies.

" You should see us with our other best friend. We are the three musketeers! "

The girl says with a laugh. Both of them are laughing really hard. I shake my head and chuckle lightly.

" Although for a while it was just Layla and I. It seemed like we wouldn't be the three musketeers for much longer. None of us thought that she was coming back here she is. My name is Lilly by the way "

I stare at the girl, Lilly, shocked. She just shared that with a complete stranger, someone she's never met before. I can tell that the two girls really love each other and I'm sure that they love Layla just as much. I was surprised by how nice they were being.

" We should go "

Persephone speaks up. She was really quiet and I'm worried that somethings wrong but before I can ask she's gone dragging Lilly behind her.