Chapter 10

" I'm max "

The man spoke gruffly. The three girls smiled at me and left the room. His expression softened and he looked at me.

" I'm your stylist, you must be Finnick, it's a pleasure to meet you"

He said offering his hand. I took it and shook it. He handed me a pair of shorts and a belt. The shorts were a pale blue with a big brown belt at the top. They were loose and flowed, they looked like the water. The belt had shells embedded in it and was thick. I quickly changed in to them as a knock sounded on the door.

Persephone walked in to the room looking stunning. She was wearing a blue dress that stopped just above her knees. It was strapless and tight around the top before it flowed out. He had small white flats on and her makeup was done freshly.

" Hey max, is he ready? "

Max nods and hugs Seph briefly before she leads me out of the room. We walk past most of the chariots before we reach the 4th one. Standing next to the chariot looking nervous is Lilly. She had a two piece outfit on. Her top was small and similar to a bikini top, her skirt was long and reached all the way to the floor. Both were blue and looked the same as my shorts. Her stomach as painted with the water and it reached all the way up to her neck, stopping at her jaw. She looked amazing, like some kind of goddess.

" You both look incredible, I would hug you but I can't "

She says smiling. Lilly beams at her and slips on some high heels.

" Now, both of you need to be charming. Lilly, go for the graceful and beautiful yet confident and arrogant. Finnick, be charming and witty yet seem sort of dangerous "

I nod and climb in to the chariot with Lilly.

" Oh, and don't forget what I told you, hold hands! "

We both nod and hold each other's hands looking at each other.

" Just because we're going in to the arena doesn't mean we have to stop being friends. We can go singles in the arena and hope we aren't the final two, I'll be your friend till I die in there, OK? "

I nod and smile at Lilly, grateful for the fact that she had taken Layla's place. Layla had a family, they were poor too. They needed her, they relied on her.

The chariot pulled out in to the bright sun and a sea full of Capitol people.