Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The moment Mr Johnson dropped Cassie off at her home, she immediately went to the side table where her mail should be.

“Mum, I’m home!” She shouted while frantically searching through the mail. Finally she found it. She ripped it open as fast as she could without completely destroying the letter.

Dear Miss Cassie Williams,

I am happy to tell you that you got the internship. You were by far the most qualified and show not only knowledge of the fashion industry but also a passion that is hard to come by, I don’t even think I was that passionate about it at that age. Anyways, I’d like to have a casual meeting with you to personally give you the lay down of what’s to happen and how we do things. If you can meet me on Thursday around one for coffee, that’d be spectacular.

I hope to be hearing from you soon and look forward to working together.

Caroline Watson

Cassie screamed, making it hard for her mum to not come down and investigate.

“Cassie, what happened? I was in the bath.” Her mum said coming down the stairs in her towel.

“Mum, I got it! I actually got it! I can’t believe I actually got it! Ahhh!”  Cassie started jumping in circles while shrieking.

“That’s great and all Cass, anything else?” Her mum said impatiently. 

“She wants to meet me on Thursday! The Caroline Watson wants to meet me on Thursday!”

“That’s nice. Now it’s nice seeing you after the month, but I have to go. I love you darling and congratulations.” Her mum said before going back upstairs.

Cassie didn’t waste a second, she ran up to her room and called Lyla.

“Hello welcome to the amazing hotline.” She greeted.

“I got it!” Cassie shouted. “Lyla, I got it!”

“Oh my goodness, congratulations Cass.”

“Thanks, I am meeting her on Thursday.” Cassie explained.

“Brilliant, so I guess this will mean I won’t be seeing you for a while.” Lyla said sadly.

“Yea, but we knew this was happening, around the time I leave, you’ll be going to uni with Bradley. And I’ll be in London for a bit, meeting large sorts of famous people and designers.” Cassie started to day dream.

“So have you told Jesse yet?” Lyla asked.

“No, not yet, I literally found out five minutes before calling you. He is next though.”

“Well that’s good, I hope he takes it well.”

“Me too, well I bests be off, I’ve got lots to do.” Cassie said.

“Bye love, and congratulations again, I know you’re going to be fantastic.”

“Thanks.” Cassie said before hanging up.

Cassie unpacked her things and loaded the washer with her dirty clothes.  By the time she was done, her mum had started dinner. After dinner Cassie showered and went to bed, the exhaustion of the summer events have taken a toll on her.

The next day, Cassie decided she needed to tell Jesse so they organized to meet at his place at noon. When the time came, Cassie knocked on his door, Jesse opened it looking so happy. He immediately engulfed her in a hug. 

“Cass, you’re back!” He said.

“Hey Jess, how have you been?” Cassie said before pulling out of the hug.