Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Cassie slowly turned around anticipating who she bumped into. When she got a look at the stranger’s face, she was hit with disappointment. It wasn’t Liam.  

“Oh, I’m sorry. Please excuse me.” She said politely before going off her own way.

She arrived at her flat building and began to ascend the stairs. The entire walk up she couldn’t believe it wasn’t Liam, she had felt almost excited at the thought of seeing him coincidentally again. When she reached her flat, she inserted the key and walked in and sighed. How could she not see Liam? It seemed Fate was against her, whenever she didn’t want to see him, she did, and when she does, she doesn’t. 

Finished with her train of thought, Cassie fixed herself a salad for dinner before getting to bed. Tomorrow was her first day at work and she needed to be rested and energized. 

Cassie woke up at six the next morning and dressed in a special way which reflected the style she’d like to open up her own line. When she was done with everything including breakfast, it was around thirty past seven. She locked up her flat and walked to Caroline’s office. When she got there she was greeted by a lady at the check in desk.

“Hi, how can I help you?” She asked.

“I’m Cassie Williams, Caroline’s new intern.” She answered.

“Oh of course! Well, welcome Cassie. Here is your key to the building.” She handed Cassie a ring with two rings. Cassie looked at her confused. “Caroline thought you’d like to use the space for some of your personal designs and can pick up things shall she need you too. The other key is to your office.”

Cassie was struck. “My own office? But I’m only an intern.”

“To you I’m sure you think so. But you made an impression on Caroline, she trusts you and wants you on full time soon enough. If that’s what you want?”

“Of course that’s what I want!” Cassie exclaimed trying to contain her enthusiasm. 

“Fantastic! Well You’ll be meeting Caroline and the rest of her personal staff in the meeting room fifteen after eight until then, you can check out your office. It’s on the second hallway on the right, third door.”

“Thank you.” Cassie said before walking off.

She glanced around the building making her way to her office. She was so surprised it was this big, Caroline must’ve been way more in demand than Cassie initially thought. When Cassie found her office, she was genuinely shocked. It wasn’t large and over the top, but about the size of a double bedroom, but the desk and chairs were so chic. Obviously the office was for portfolio making and sketches along with meetings with clients, but still it was more than Cassie ever dreamed. 

She was the third person in the meeting room and took a seat around the table. A few minutes later other staff came in and eventually Caroline.

“Welcome everyone, now I know it’s unusual to have meetings around this time but I just wanted everyone to meet my new intern, Cassie.” Caroline introduced.

Cassie stood up from her seat. “Hi everyone.” She greeted before sitting back down.

“Cassie this is my personal staff, mostly they do all the boring stuff like managing money, models, schedules, etcetera. Helena is the prototype designer, she actually makes the clothes and sends them off.  Okay so now that introductions are over, you’re all free to leave.” Caroline motioned for Cassie to wait and she did so. “Welcome Cassie.”

“Wow, this place is amazing. I didn’t know you had so many people working with you.” Cassie said.

“The number has grown especially since I’ve been called away more than I used to. Which is why I need you.”

“Me?” Cassie asked pointing to herself.

Caroline nodded. “Yes you. See the other staff is great to do the actual business part of this place but I am going to need someone to occasionally go off in my place to other company’s acting as my representative, like I’ve said I’ve gotten busier.” Cassie sighed. “Don’t worry just yet, we’ll get you trained up before you start doing that. How do you like your office?”

“It’s brilliant. I actually didn’t know I’d be getting an office so I was completely surprised.”

Caroline laughed. “Well you’re going to be an important part of this company soon Cassie. I can tell. The main reason for your office is to help me store messages, occasionally take messages, and anything I might need you to do, which could be anything. My office is right next to yours at the end of the hall. The second floor is used to sew the clothes and get measurements, third floor is clothes storage and there’s a small runway and changing room.”

“Got it, so what will I be doing today?” She asked. Caroline smiled at her enthusiasm knowing she would enjoy working with Cassie.

The rest of the day was pretty hectic for Cassie, trying to learn the ropes of the business and how everyone operated. So when she got home, she just fell face down onto her couch. Her phone beeped causing her to groan.

Jesse: How’s the first day at work babe?

Cassie: Long and tiring, I have a lot of expectations set on my

Jesse: By who?

Cassie: Caroline, I’ve also been told that appx after my first big assignment she might take me on full time 

Jesse: That’s great, glad you’re doing well x

Cassie stopped texting him and went to text her mom and Lyla, just the general stuff: how things are going, how the first day was, etc. After catching up with everyone, Cassie saw it was almost seven and went to the grocery to get ingredients for dinner. She quickly made dinner and ate before getting ready for the next day.

The next day, Cassie stayed in her office going over her schedule for the week when there was a knock on her door.

“Come in.” She said not looking away from her planner.

“Cassie?” A deep voice asked.

Cassie finally looked up seeing a tall lanky guy in his twenties with dirty blonde hair. “Yes?” She asked the random guy in her doorway.

“I’m Michael, I work here.” He introduced.

Cassie got up and shook his hand. “Oh, hi sorry I was just busy. I’m Cassie.” She said but rolled her eyes at herself. “But you obviously knew that.”

Michael laughed. “Yea, Caroline is excited to have you here. I wasn’t at the meeting yesterday so I just wanted to come by to introduce myself.”

“Well thank you, you’re one of the few people who have talked to me willingly.” Cassie laughed.

“Don’t worry about them. They focus on their work and that’s sorta it, don’t take it personal.” His phone beeped and he checked it. “Well, I got to go. So I’ll see you around?”

“Definitely.” Cassie answered before returning to her work.

When it was near closing time someone rushed up behind her. “Excuse me, can you hold the door open please.” Cassie turned around and did so letting a girl in her mid-twenties with loads of papers in her arms. “Thank you.” She said before rushing off.

Well that was odd. Cassie thought.  

* * * * * *

A/N: I am so sorry about this wait but I recently moved into my dormitory at university and along with life being hectic, my internet hasn't been working :( Hopefully it'll be fixed within the week so I can upload eveything I've written. Thanks Evangeline x