Chapter 16

Chapter 16

With the paperwork and legal matters settled for the trip during the meeting last week, it has been a nonstop train of work for Cassie. The designs she and Caroline worked so hard on were finalized and this week was making them into reality. The boys were coming in today for measurements so they could be finished in time for their tour in December, only weeks away. In a room close to where Cassie and Caroline were setting up for taking measurements, waited One Direction.

Niall came first to get his measurements done. "Hiya Cass." He greeted with his sweet smile.

"Hello Niall, ready to get this done?" She asked. "I promise there will not be any awkward touching or groping of the sort." Niall's face paled then realized she was joking. She started measuring his torso with the tape measure that was around her neck.

"Even if there were Cass, which I know there wouldn't as you are with Liam and all," He gave her a wink. "I would not mind if it were not for him giving me glares." Cassie looked up from her measuring tape and gave Niall a curious glance. He lifted his head and nodded in a direction behind Cassie, sure enough Liam was there with an expression that did look like a glare. Cassie stood up properly and began to take down more measurements. While she was crouched down getting Niall's leg measurements she felt someone behind her. She did not even have to look up to know who it was.

"How can I help you Liam? Your measurements are not meant to be taken for another hour." Cassie wrote down the last measurements she took and looked up at Liam. He was dressed casually with his hair in cute disarray as it swooshed to the side.

"Yeah I'm actually here since I had to switch times with Harry, he said he had something to do with Lou." His eyes wandered around the room looking at the aspects of Cassie's work life. He couldn't quite describe it, but it was undeniably her work; from the way things were organized to their decoration, it was hers. He looked at a framed drawing of a vague figure in fine clothes. The clothes were trendy, smart, and mature while having a youthfulness to it.

"I quite like this, who made it?" He asked fascinated by it. Cassie finished Niall's measurements and joined Liam at the drawing.

"I did." Cassie answered simply. Liam and Niall looked at her in complete awe yet did not say anything. "It was supposed to be a surprise." She muttered, but it didn't escape Liam's hearing.

"You mean this is for us?" He asked.

Cassie nodded then took a closer look at it. "You specifically. It was the first design Caroline and I settled on would definitely be part of your wardrobe. Is it okay?" She asked nervously. Looking at it again, I can see some adjustments that could be made but it is only a drawing of the first design."

"Don't change it too much." Liam said looking at her. It was not the first time he knew, but the first time he could truly see she had amazing talent and understanding of him- well he and his bandmates.

"Well I for one couldn't be more proud of it Cass. Now what designs do you have in mind for a certain good looking Irish lad?" Niall posed and Cassie burst out laughing.

"No other designs have been made final Niall, so just give it a couple days. Caroline has been too busy to overlook my work but I will let you know once they are done." Niall smiled, pleased with the prospect of the designs. Then his thoughts went somewhere else.

"What did Harry and Louis have to do Liam?"

Liam hesitated and pretended to stare at the drawing for a long period of time, stalling until his mind clicked. "Louis said he wanted a bird for their apartment and Harry was talking him out of it."
Luck must have been on Liam's side because before Cassie had a chance to question him, her mobile went off. "Excuse me." She walked outside the room phone glued to her ear as it must've been something important.