Chapter 2: A great news

As soon as I reach home, I went straight to the kitchen and open up the fridge. I am a stress-eater. I eat when I am upset, bored, happy, tired- basically, I eat all the time.

"Take it slow, sweetie!" I spin my head around to find my mum. "Did you just cry?" Mum observed me intently.

"No, mum. I'm just tired. I perspire alot today," I lied and ran up the stairs. Wow, I am such a bad liar.

I locked myself in the room. Instantly, I do my routine. Opened up my laptop, straight to YouTube and watch One Direction's videos. I spent hours of my time watching them because it makes me forgets the world. Searching 'One direction's funny moments' made me smile.

Oh how I wish I get to meet them one day. I would hug them tight and possibly not let them go. I am not their only fans. There are a hell lot of other directioners out there having the same dream as me. I would not get notice by them, ever.

I thought to myself. Luckily, the teachers are kind enough to not give an assignment today. Great, I could watch the boy's videos until I sleep.

"And if I do, it's you

It's you they add up to

And I'm love with you

All this li-"

I wake up to my alarm clock on my phone. As much as I love to let the song finish, I look at the time and I was..

"I am late for school!" I jump out of bed and tripped over.

"Arghhhh.." clumsy me.

"How many times did I even snooze my alarm clock? I've never been this late." I rambled on while brushing my teeth.

"Little things as your alarm? You've got to be joking girl," I mumbled to myself.

I finish washing up and pick on a random outfit. I dash down the stairs and almost tripped myself over. Again.

"Mum, dad! I won't be having breakfast today. Late for school! Bye!"

I have never skipped my breakfast, ever!

I reach to my school and realised that I have missed a period of Maths. I busted in the classroom and everyone look at me as if I have just murdered someone. Then one by one of the people in the room laughed, hysterically. I ignore and apologise to Mr Key. He gave me a glare before proceeding with the lesson. I feel the stares around me could bore a hole in the wall. Then it dawned upon me.

I wore my buttoned pyjamas top paired with a midi skirt and sneakers.

Oh. My. Gosh. Where do I put my face now. I feel like digging a hole and shove my head in.

I feel my face flushing and I am sure that it is vibrantly red. I try to ignore the stares, although it was pretty hard for me. I care too much on what people thinks about me. And the fact that I am wearing half pyjamas makes it worse. I feel the time is ticking very slowly, almost at a crawling speed.

"Alright, I have news." Mr Key announced. "Our school has a programme which-" everyone groans before he could finish his sentence.

"Now, listen before you judge. Our school has an exchange programme with a school in Ireland, Mullingar." My face lights up and I squealed when I heard Ireland and what's more Mullingar. It is Niall's hometown!

Others seems excited but not as euphoric as me! But surprisingly, some were uninterested.

"Only 15 students from our class will be involved in the programme and I have chosen them."

"Please pick me. Please pick me," my heart chanted.

"Elle.."

That was the second last name. Oh my gosh. One more. Please let it be me!

"Jordan."

What? Why? How? Why not me? That is so disappointing. So utterly disappointing! I know that it's not like Niall will be there anyway but I want to feel what his hometown feels and looks like.

"But I don't want to go," someone spoke up.

Am I hearing it right?

A/N: Hey! I'm trying to update this frequently but well.. I do not have many readers. Nevertheless, I'll continue with it and please tell about this story to people! Hope you enjoyed it!