Chapter 9: Are they still together?

I stared intently at the girl that hugged Niall tightly. No. Was it really- It could not be, right? My intuition could not be right.

Soon after, my heart almost dropped when the girl pulled away from Niall and faced the others including me.

It's- Holly Scadley.

I thought they had broke up a few years ago when Niall went to X Factor? And I remembered seeing Holly's tweets insulting Niall. I thought Niall would have hated her after all that but he just stood upright and smiled.

Holly was wearing spaghetti top and shorts that was really short with wedges. Doesn't she feel cold?  You revealed yourself too much, girl.

"Why you did not tell me that you are here in Mullingar? You should have called me! I missed you, you know!" she complained and playfully punched Niall's arm.

Get away from him, b*tch.

"Oh, I'm sorry for budging in just like that. How are you Mr Horan?" She greeted Mr Horan and then the rest, except me.

"Er, who are you?" She seemed to be cold and arrogant towards me. I could totally see that she's just like the other kids in my school. I've got used to that tone of voice and replied politely. "I am an overseas exchanged student. Mr and Mrs Allen are my guardians," I told as I gestured to mama and papa. "I'm Cecelia but you can call me-"

"Oh, ok." She cut me in and turned away.

How dare she just do that in front of Niall and the others! I have not even completed my introduction!

My blood started to boil up but was mixed with embarrassment because I was treated that way in front of them. Oh, just my luck.

"Come over to my place and hang out. It's been so long!" She cajoled Niall and was pulling his hand. Niall was hesitating but Holly kept repeating herself as if she was forcing him to come over to her house.

Argh, I felt like tearing her flesh off. Could she just stop pestering Niall and leave hi-

"Alright," Niall gave in.

What? Niall just agreed to her? How can that be after all the insults she had been saying about him?

Niall then said a goodbye to all of us. He was avoiding my gaze and walked away with Holly. That hurt me so much. Holly tried to intertwine her fingers with his but Niall pulled away awkwardly. I felt as if my heart was being clenched and could broke into pieces anytime now. 

It was so confusing.

Why was Niall still being nice to her?

Why was she still talking to Niall after all she said in her tweets about Niall?

And most importantly, are they still together and have they been hiding this relationship from the media?

When I've reached home, I took a hot bath to calm myself. I've been looking over at Niall's window for the umpteenth times and all I saw was darkness. There wasn't any light coming out from the curtain. Obviously, Niall have not came back home. I sighed and I put on my pyjamas. I crawled up to my bed as I pulled up my blanket and started to think all the things that had happened to me.

You know those nights when you just can't sleep, thinking about the things you've had been through? Some of the things keep bothering you that you didn't realise you have been thinking of it for hours. That's what I was doing tonight. I could not sleep when there were lots of things happening in my mind.

Then, I felt this feeling as if something pierced through my heart. Suddenly, I felt my cheeks wet. I cried. I cried more and more and felt my body shaking from the sobbing. Jealousy engulfed inside of me. The way Holly treated me just now must have made me looked like a loser. Pathetic. Holly reminds me the way the people in my school treated me. I felt more hopeless. Without realising, I cried myself to sleep.