Chapter 1: The truth hurts

A/N: Hello guys! I'm new to writing stories. This is my first one. So, I daydream ALOT. It just makes me happy so I keep imagining them. So I thought, why not write a story and tell people what's in my mind? Hope you guys like it!

-------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Cecelia!" I look around the busy hallway to see who it is. Ah, oh no. It is Luke Hamilton. Why do I always have to look messy when he's around, just why oh god. "Oh, hi Luke!", my lips stretched. I must be looking silly.

When will you just notice how much I like you? Why-

"Have you seen Kate?" I shook my head vigorously to wake myself up. "Huh? What? Oh I didn't. What's up?" I try to remain calm because I know there is something fishy going on. I mean come on. I'm her bestfriend. Looking for her is just the same as looking for me.

Alright, let me tell you how I get to know Luke Hamilton. I saw him in our school cafe with my best friend Kate Hood. Kate is the opposite of me. She has a fair skin with blonde hair and model-like figure.

"I think he's cute. Don't you think so?" I said as if I was lovestruck. "Nah," Kate simply replied. "Oh my gosh, he's approaching us!" I exclaimed.

No, no. Don't come here when I'm eating. I look like someone-nope scratch that. I looked like a pig digging in my food.

"Hey girls. Do you mind if I join?" He slipped in next to me, smiling with full of charm. "S-sure," I began to stutter. While Luke is talking to us, Kate seemed to ignore him. Not to forget that Luke is actually a player. He continued to join us for lunch almost everyday for a month.

"I... I think it's time for me to say this", he added.

Alright Cece, back to earth.

Oh gosh. What are you going to say?

"I..."

Yes, go on...

"I am having a crush..."

This is the moment that I have been waiting for!

"On her. I have a crush on Kate," Luke admits. I froze not wanting to believe what he just said.

"I like her and I want to ask her out. It's been awhile that I wanted to tell her. But I can also tell you first, right? What do you think?"

Oh. Ouch. I could not believe my own ears. Am I hearing this wrong? I felt embarrassed of myself, thinking I would have a chance with Luke.

"Cece?"

Once again my mind was interrupted. "Well, err yeah. Tell her that. You'll be fine. Listen, I need to rush home now. Bye." Before he could say anything, I ran away as tears slowly rolled down my cheeks.